Glads Leave South Florida Broken-Hearted
ESTERO, FL - The Atlanta Gladiators suffered a 5-2 loss at the hands of the Florida Everblades on Saturday evening in South Florida.
The visiting Glads were bested in the opening frame by Everblades, who were on the second night of their Hockey Awareness Weekend and donning pink alternate jerseys. The hosts tallied two goals from D Cody Sol and D Michael Downing within :34 seconds early in the first period.
The Gladiators did not sit back, striking like lightning on their power play opportunities. Captain Derek Nesbitt and F Thomas Frazee netted back-to-back goals within :17 seconds in the second period to tie the game. Just over a minute later, Florida reclaimed the lead for good when F Lukas Craggs beat Atlanta G X to take a 3-2 lead into the second intermission.
The third period was dripping with drama early on, as Atlanta pressed to find the game-tying goal. Ultimately, the 'Blades snagged an insurance goal from F Hunter Garlent with 11:34 to play in regulation. With the net empty, Craggs bagged his second score of the night to secure the 5-2 win for the home team.
The Glads will head north to Orlando for a division match-up against the Solar Bears at 3:00 PM Sunday afternoon. Atlanta returns to home ice against the Adirondack Thunder for Taco Tuesday. Puck drop is set for February 18th at 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 15, 2020
- Elite Eight: 'Blades Sweep Gladiators, Run Home Point Streak to Eight - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Edged by Steelheads on Home Ice - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Rolls to Snap IceMen Win Streak - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Snap Skid with Offensive Onslaught - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sandler Nets Hat Trick, But Second Period Dooms Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Hand Indy Second Straight Loss - Indy Fuel
- Wichita Comes up Short on Saturday Night in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- McAdam's Shutout Ends Thunder's Winless Skid - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Fly Past Swamp Rabbits in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Protect the Net and Serve up Six on Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Leave South Florida Broken-Hearted - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steelheads Takes 4-2 Win over Walleye to Open Battle of the Fish - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Heartbroken in Charleston - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks and Grizzlies Delayed Faceoff Scheduled for 8:00pm - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mariners Use Special Teams to Snap Growlers Home Win Streak - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Streak Halted by Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Start of Saturday's Game Between Mavericks and Utah Delayed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Goaltender Colton Point Reassigned to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Preview: February 15, 2020 Utah at Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Florida Finishes Stretch of Three Straight against Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Desharnais Recalled; Pryce Signed from Quad City - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 15 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Defensemen Drake and Knodel Recalled by Phantoms - Reading Royals
- Coughlin and McArdle Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Thunder at IceMen, February 15, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Branden Troock Earns AHL Call-Up to Cleveland - South Carolina Stingrays
- Houser Recalled by Americans - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Win Behind a 26-Save Shutout by Dereck Baribeau - Allen Americans
- Allen Blanks Rush Behind Baribeau's 26 Saves - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Dominate in 5-1 Valentine's Day Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.