Thunder Rolls to Snap IceMen Win Streak
JACKSONVILLE, FL - Eamon MacAdam stopped all 34 shots faced, while Ara Nazarian finished with four points to guide the Adirondack Thunder to a 5-0 victory over the Jacksonville Icemen at Veterans Memorial Arena Saturday night. The Icemen's winning streak ends at five games.
For the first time in five games, the Icemen did not register the first goal of the game. Forward Ara Nazarian blazed into the offensive zone and down to the crease uncontested and flipped a backhanded just over the outstretched arm of Icemen goaltender Adam Carlson for the Thunder goal.
Later in the first, the Thunder added to their lead with a power play marker from Casey Pierre-Zabotel. John Edwardh delivered the puck from the corner to the top of the crease. Pierro-Zabotel poked at the puck and tucked it through the five-whole of Carlson to put the Thunder on top 2-0.
Adirondack continued their success on the power play when Ryan Walker netted his sixth goal of the season just 1:02 into the second period to extend the Thunder edge to 3-0.
The Thunder continued their assault in the middle frame and earned a commanding four-goal advantage at the halfway point. Pierro-Zabotel factored on the tally, when he centered a feed to the low slot to Matt Salhany who instantly batted the puck into the Icemen net. The goal signaled the end of the night for Carlson, and Ben Halford entered the game in a relief effort.
Walker netted his second goal of the game in the third period to secure the sound 5-0 win for the Thunder.
The Icemen continue their homestand on Sunday when they play host to the first place South Carolina Stingrays. Game time is set for 3:00 p.m. Sunday is a Publix Family Funday game. Families can go down on the ice after the game, while the team will wear specialty Publix themed jerseys.
Broadcast Information: Fans can catch all game broadcasts at www.mixlr.com/jaxicemen or watch the game online at ECHL.TV
Upcoming Home Game & Promotions
Sunday, February 16, vs. South Carolina, 3:00 p.m. - Publix Family Fundays! The Icemen will wear special Publix Jerseys, and fans will be invited down to the ice following the game.
Wednesday, February 19 vs. Worcester, 7:00 p.m. - Fans can enjoy $2 select beer & wine throughout the night!
Flexible ticket packages and discounted group tickets are on sale now. Contact 904-602-7825 for more information.
The 2019-20 Jacksonville Icemen Season is Presented by Community First Credit Union.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 15, 2020
- Elite Eight: 'Blades Sweep Gladiators, Run Home Point Streak to Eight - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Edged by Steelheads on Home Ice - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Rolls to Snap IceMen Win Streak - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Snap Skid with Offensive Onslaught - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sandler Nets Hat Trick, But Second Period Dooms Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Hand Indy Second Straight Loss - Indy Fuel
- Wichita Comes up Short on Saturday Night in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- McAdam's Shutout Ends Thunder's Winless Skid - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Fly Past Swamp Rabbits in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Protect the Net and Serve up Six on Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Leave South Florida Broken-Hearted - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steelheads Takes 4-2 Win over Walleye to Open Battle of the Fish - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Heartbroken in Charleston - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks and Grizzlies Delayed Faceoff Scheduled for 8:00pm - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mariners Use Special Teams to Snap Growlers Home Win Streak - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Streak Halted by Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Start of Saturday's Game Between Mavericks and Utah Delayed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Goaltender Colton Point Reassigned to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Preview: February 15, 2020 Utah at Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Florida Finishes Stretch of Three Straight against Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Desharnais Recalled; Pryce Signed from Quad City - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 15 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Defensemen Drake and Knodel Recalled by Phantoms - Reading Royals
- Coughlin and McArdle Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Thunder at IceMen, February 15, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Branden Troock Earns AHL Call-Up to Cleveland - South Carolina Stingrays
- Houser Recalled by Americans - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Win Behind a 26-Save Shutout by Dereck Baribeau - Allen Americans
- Allen Blanks Rush Behind Baribeau's 26 Saves - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Dominate in 5-1 Valentine's Day Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.