Game 14 Preview: Tucson at Stockton
Game #14 - Tucson (10-3-0-0) at Stockton (8-2-1-2)
8 PM MST, Stockton Arena - Stockton, California
LISTEN LIVE Fox Sports 1450, iHeart Radio app
WATCH LIVE AHL TV
Referees: Dan Kelly (#45), Michael Markovic (#47)
Linesmen: Andrew Norris (#83), Matthieu Audet (#57)
As if three meetings against the Calgary Flames American Hockey League affiliate in eight days wasn't enough, the Roadrunners now head to Stockton for the second time in 14 days to conclude a four game stretch against the Heat.
The mini series wraps up less than a week after a wild set of contests at Tucson Arena which began as a battle for first place in the Pacific and wrapped up with the visitors departing with just one point and one goal shy of earning more both nights.
A testament to both Tucson's resiliency and ability to score, the team will look to extend their perfect record in November as they begin a three-game road trip of their own through California.
1) Those whom witnessed last Saturday's contest at Tucson Arena, or were able to catch either the radio or AHLTV broadcast of the game, won't be surprised to hear a prediction that tonight's game is expected to be a physical bout. Anytime two teams come together this often within such a short amount of time, bad blood gets brewed. Michael Bunting has compared the feeling to that of "playoff hockey in November" and with the amount of post-whistle scraps that took place between the two teams, it's showing.
2) Going hand-in-hand with that physical aspect, Stockton will almost certainly look to get tonight's contest to a special teams battle. Who could blame them? The Heat have the top ranked penalty kill in the Pacific to go along league-best power play. Their shorthanded unit held Tucson to 2/11 on the man advantage last weekend and they rattled off three goals within five minutes following Lane Pederson's major and game misconduct. Discipline will be imperative tonight for the Roadrunners and their power play will look for its sixth straight game with a goal in order to to their part.
3) As we so often love to exit with, what's the goaltending situation like for Tucson tonight? Well, with a Friday-Sunday-Wednesday stretch on the seven-day forecast, both Adin Hill and Eric Comrie are naturally expected to play at some point. Now as for who gets two of the three and who starts us off tonight, that's to be determined. Hill enters tonight coming in on a full week's rest but Comrie, who is limited to just eight more days with the Roadrunners on his current conditioning loan, could be the one who is put in a position to get the majority.
What's The Word?
Roadrunners forward Kelly Klima on scoring his first pro goal last weekend...
"It felt really good to finally on the board and get the first one out of the way. Especially to do it in a win, it felt that much better."
Roadrunners forward Kelly Klima on last Saturday's game as a whole...
"It got a little upside-down there late. It became back-and-forth but we want to play more of a structured game. We want to keep it under control but we want to find a way to win."
Roadrunners forward Kelly Klima on the road swing that begins tonight...
"We're not by any means satisfied with where we are at right now. We want to keep moving forward, it's a long year."
Number to Know
21. There are currently 21 teams in the AHL that have yet to score more than two shorthanded goals as a team. This month, Jeremy Gregoire already has three.
We're Doing It Live
Catch tonight's active LIVE on AHLTV or join Roadrunners play-by-play voice Adrian Denny on Fox Sports 1450 AM and iHeart Radio as he calls the game from the Roadrunners' flagship radio station, where coverage begins at 7:45 PM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Condors Blanked by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Oglevie, Pilut Power Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win - Rochester Americans
- Griffins' Offense Sizzles in Win over 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ladd, Wahlstrom, Durandeau each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack in Shootout, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Sens Beat Bridgeport in OT - Belleville Senators
- Penguins Trounce Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Deviled at Binghamton - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Battles back for a Point - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Surpassed by Comets, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Earn Sixth Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Stay Hot At Home In 3-1 Win Over Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Pick up a Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Americans - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Blanked for Second Straight Game - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Can't Solve DeSmith & Penguins in Wilkes-Barre - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Boucher Nets Three as Comets Clobber Crunch - Utica Comets
- Red Wings Assign Smith to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Recall Goaltender Parker Milner from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Moose Recall Forward Alexis D'Aoust - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Winning Wednesday and $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Recall Defender Tyler Lewington - Hershey Bears
- Barbie Blank to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game December 7 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss December 7 - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flames Recall Kylington, Place Valimaki on LTIR - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Wild Signs Defenseman Lester Lancaster to PTO - Iowa Wild
- Stockton, Tucson Face off in Divisional Battle - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, November 15 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Tip-A-Griffin Returns on November 18 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala and Center Diego Cuglietta Join Texas - Texas Stars
- Colton White Recalled By New Jersey - Binghamton Devils
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Recall Asplund, Amerks Bring up Boomhower - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Sound Tigers, November 15 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Trek to Canada this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 14 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Hill Dominant, Ushers Roadrunners To Return Home With Another Winning Road Trip
- Game 38 Preview: Tucson at San Diego
- Roadrunners Weekly: January 20
- Prosvetov Stellar As All-Star Burke Plays Overtime Hero In Ontario
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco, Chaput and Hill to Tucson