Admirals Earn Sixth Straight Win
Laval, QE - Forward Yakov Trenin scored three points to lead the Milwaukee Admirals to a 5-2 victory over the Laval Rocket Friday at PlaceBell, the sixth consecutive win for the Admirals.
The game was Milwaukee's first in Quebec since the team played in the International Hockey League (IHL). The Ads played in Quebec City against the Quebec Rafales Apr. 1, 1998. Milwaukee's starting lineup was comprised of five of the team's seven players from Quebec. Defensemen Alex Carrier and Fred Allard were joined by forwards Laurent Dauphin, Anthony Richard, and Mathieu Olivier.
Milwaukee had a 2-0 lead after the first period. It was a different player who played junior hockey in Quebec who scored the first goal. Trenin, who played in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) for Gatineau, was able to convert a Colin Blackwell pass for his seventh goal of the season just :59 into the game. Trenin extended his points streak to six games with the tally.
Milwaukee claimed a 2-0 lead when defenseman Matt Donovan floated a backhander from the slot into the goal at 10:23 of the first period. Tommy Novak and Trenin assisted on Donovan's first goal of the season. The goal extended Donovan's points streak to five games.
The Admirals scored three more goals in the second period. The first two were on the power play. First, Anthony Richard slapped a loose puck into the goal at 3:37 of the frame for his fourth goal of the season (second on the power play). Trenin picked up the lone assist.
Milwaukee scored another power play goal at 5:32 when Daniel Carr's shot from the right circle found the back of the cage. Carr extended his points streak to six games with the goal, his eighth of the season (third on the power play). Blackwell and Alex Carrier earned the assists.
Laval broke through with a power play goal of its own when Lukas Vejdemo tapped a loose puck across the goal line at 9:17 of the second period.
The Admirals added one more before the end of the second frame when Dauphin was sprung on a partial breakaway. A defender caught up to him as Dauphin put a backhander to the net. Goalie Charlie Lindgren made the save but the puck bounced into the slot for Rem Pitlick to bury the rebound. It was Pitlick's second goal of the season.
Laval's Charles Hudon scored a power play goal at 15:34 of the third period to make the score 5-2.
Admirals goalie Troy Grosenick finished with 33 saves.
The Admirals road trip continues Sat., Nov. 16 at Belleville. Milwaukee returns to UWM Panther Arena Sat., Nov. 23 to host the Grand Rapids Griffins.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Condors Blanked by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Oglevie, Pilut Power Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win - Rochester Americans
- Griffins' Offense Sizzles in Win over 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ladd, Wahlstrom, Durandeau each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack in Shootout, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Sens Beat Bridgeport in OT - Belleville Senators
- Penguins Trounce Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Deviled at Binghamton - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Battles back for a Point - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Surpassed by Comets, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Earn Sixth Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Stay Hot At Home In 3-1 Win Over Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Pick up a Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Americans - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Blanked for Second Straight Game - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Can't Solve DeSmith & Penguins in Wilkes-Barre - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Boucher Nets Three as Comets Clobber Crunch - Utica Comets
- Red Wings Assign Smith to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Recall Goaltender Parker Milner from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Moose Recall Forward Alexis D'Aoust - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Winning Wednesday and $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Recall Defender Tyler Lewington - Hershey Bears
- Barbie Blank to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game December 7 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss December 7 - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flames Recall Kylington, Place Valimaki on LTIR - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Wild Signs Defenseman Lester Lancaster to PTO - Iowa Wild
- Stockton, Tucson Face off in Divisional Battle - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, November 15 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Tip-A-Griffin Returns on November 18 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala and Center Diego Cuglietta Join Texas - Texas Stars
- Colton White Recalled By New Jersey - Binghamton Devils
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Recall Asplund, Amerks Bring up Boomhower - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Sound Tigers, November 15 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Trek to Canada this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 14 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.