Everblades Pick up Thomas from Tulsa, Romeo from Cyclones
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades have acquired Tulsa Oilers forward Jared Thomas and Cincinnati goaltender Sean Romeo in a pair of separate transactions, Everblades head coach Brad Ralph announced on Monday.
In an additional transaction, the American Hockey League's Hartford Wolf Pack have recalled goaltender Tom McCollum from his loan to the Everblades.
The deal with the Oilers completes the futures considerations trade between the two teams from last week and gives the 'Blades a dynamic offensive weapon in Thomas. The second-year pro is coming off a stellar rookie campaign that saw him rack up 44 assists, which led all ECHL rookies, and 65 points in 51 games with the Oilers. Thomas, a native of Hermantown, Minnesota, has averaged nearly a point per game in his ECHL career with 82 points (25g-57a) in 86 games, including 17 points (4g-13a) in 35 games this season. Prior to turning pro, Thomas played four years with the University of Minnesota-Duluth from 2014-18. He totaled 60 points (21g-39a) in 163 career games and helped the Bulldogs win the 2018 national championship.
The 'Blades acquired Romeo from the Cyclones in exchange for future considerations. In nine appearances with Cincinnati, the rookie netminder has posted a 6-2-0 record, a 2.75 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage. He played four years of NCAA Division I hockey from 2014-19, suiting up in two seasons for the University of Maine (2014-16) and two seasons for Ohio State University (2017-19) following his transfer year in 2016-17. Romeo finished with a 37-30-8 record, a 2.45 GAA, a .914 save percentage and five shutouts in his college career.
McCollum, 30, played in three games with the Everblades after being reassigned by Hartford on Dec. 26. He totaled a 3-0-0 record, a 1.65 GAA and a .938 save percentage in his three starts, which included a 24-save shutout on Friday against the South Carolina Stingrays. The Cambria, New York, native has played a bulk of his pro career in the AHL and has seen action in 315 AHL games in his 11-year pro career. He holds a record of 147-127-20 with a 2.72 GAA and a .907 save percentage in the AHL.
Following a three-game road weekend this past weekend, the 'Blades return to home ice on Tuesday to face the Brampton Beast, the first meeting between the teams since February of the 2016-17 season. Faceoff is slated for 7:30 p.m. at Hertz Arena.
Images from this story
Goaltender Sean Romeo with the Cincinnati Cyclones
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 6, 2020
- Win Big at Dave & Buster's Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads Weekly - January 6, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 6 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Pick up Thomas from Tulsa, Romeo from Cyclones - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 6 - ECHL
- Oilers Complete Futures Deal, Send Jared Thomas to Florida - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Trade Romeo to Florida - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brendan Warren Named to 2020 Warrior / ECHL All-Star Classic - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Weekly: Winning 3kend - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Players to Serve Dinner at Charity Event January 28 - Toledo Walleye
- Defenseman Brady Norrish Named to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Idaho Steelheads
- Ammirato Selected to 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- F Ralph Cuddemi Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Reading Royals
- Cam Brown Named to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 6 - Tulsa Oilers
- Defenseman TJ Melancon Named 2020 ECHL All-Star - Brampton Beast
- Americans' Tyler Sheehy Named to the 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Roster - Allen Americans
- Roe Named to Roster for 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Liam Pecararo Named to Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fort Wayne's St-Amant Named to All-Star Team - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Change March 11th Game Date to March 15th - Utah Grizzlies
- Milner Selected to ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Luukkonen Named Cyclones All-Star Representative - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Spencer Watson Selected to ECHL All-Star Roster - Indy Fuel
- Joesph Duszak Named to the 2020 ECHL All-Star Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Elmer Named 2020 ECHL All-Star - Maine Mariners
- Brodzinski to Represent Solar Bears at 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic Presented by Toyota - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kestner Selected to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Toledo Walleye
- Sadowy Selected to ECHL All-Star Classic - Kalamazoo Wings
- Taylor Richart Named to All-Star Team - Utah Grizzlies
- Defenseman Woods to Represent Mavericks at 2020 ECHL All-Star Classic - Kansas City Mavericks
- Robbie Payne to Represent Thunder at 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Thunder
- Piccinich Named to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Tulsa Oilers
- Rosters Set for 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic, Presented by Toyota - Wichita Thunder
- Rosters Announced for 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Presented by Toyota - ECHL
- Marchin Named to ECHL All-Star Classic - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, January 6 - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Ring in New Year with Pair of Wins; Steelheads Visit Friday and Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Defender Parisi Rejoins Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Offense Explodes in 7-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 13 (December 30- January 6, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Tuesday's Education Day Game Expects Highest Mid-Week Attendance Since Flyers Affiliation - Reading Royals
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of January 6 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Open Second Half with 3-1 Win over Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Everblades Loan Forward Cam Maclise to AHL's Chicago Wolves
- Preview: 'Blades Battle Admirals to Close Five-Game Homestand
- Craggs Cracks IceMen, 'Blades Win 6-3
- Preview: 'Blades Face IceMen, Continue Four-Game Week
- Comeback WIN-Iecki: Five Unanswered Propel 'Blades to 6-3 Victory