Edwardson Recalled to Portland
Las Vegas, NV- The Las Vegas Wranglers announced today that center Derek Edwardson has been recalled to the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League.
In 41 games this season with the Wranglers, Edwardson is third on the team in scoring with 14 goals and 22 assists for 36 points. The center also added 36 penalty minutes and a +10 rating. The Morton Grove, IL native has played in four AHL games this season tallying an assist and two penalty minutes for the Portland Pirates. Edwardson played the 2004-05 season with the ECHL's Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies. Last season, Edwardson also played in five AHL games, three with the Grand Rapids Griffins, and two with the Hamilton Bulldogs. Prior to turning pro, the 5-foot-9 center played four years at Miami University (Ohio). During his time with the Redhawks, Edwardson accumulated 120 points in 135 games played. His best season came as a senior scoring 48 points (17g-31a) in 41 games played.
Las Vegas concludes a seven-game road trip with stops in Long Beach and Bakersfield this weekend. Las Vegas will return to home ice on Tuesday, February 7th in a showdown with Alaska at 7:05 pm at the Orleans Arena.
Tickets for all games are on sale now. Fans may purchase seats to all Wranglers home games at any of the following ticket locations: The Orleans Arena Box Office, Coast Casinos' showroom box offices at The Orleans, Gold Coast, South Coast and Suncoast, or at the Galleria Mall guest relations/ticket centers.
The Wranglers play all 36 home games at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Avenue. Seat packages to see the Wranglers play at the Orleans Arena for the upcoming 2005-06 season are now on sale, starting as low as $150. Call (702) 471-7825 for more information or visit www.lasvegaswranglers.com.
For Transaction Wire Only: The Las Vegas Wranglers (ECHL) announced today that (C) Derek Edwardson was recalled by the Portland Pirates (AHL).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 3, 2006
- Aaron Foster's two goals lead Thunder offense despite 6-3 loss to Alaska - Stockton Thunder
- Ice Dogs Beat Wranglers Behind McAslan's Five-Point Night - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Fish swim upstream and hit a Wall - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Bonk's Revenge: Shorthanded Goal Lifts Condors Over San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls Come Up Short In Bako, Fall 2-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Lynx filet fish in OT - Augusta Lynx
- Grizz Can't Hang On Versus Fresno - Utah Grizzlies
- Ice Pilots Lose 4-3 to Phoenix - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- VanBallegooie's Pair of Tallies Overcome Grizzlies - Fresno Falcons
- RoadRunners Clip Ice Pilots 4-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Bombers win in a shootout 3-2 - Dayton Bombers
- Everblades stumble against Idaho, fall 5-4 in shootout - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Beat Rays, 3-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Titans fall to Storm, 5-1 - Trenton Devils
- Steelheads Stun Everblades, 5-4, in the Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Lynx add help on D with "Cookie" - Augusta Lynx
- Leavitt Named ECHL Rookie of the Month, Aces play tonight at 6:30 AST - Alaska Aces
- Condors Announce Front Office Promotions - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces' Leavitt Named CCM Vector ECHL Rookie Of The Month - ECHL
- Later and Turon Recalled to Toronto Marlies - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Saviano named ECHL Player of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Everblades' Saviano Named CCM TACKS Player Of The Month - ECHL
- Grizzlies Home Tonight, Michaud Back - Utah Grizzlies
- Chiefs "To Pass The Hat" For Local High School Hockey Player Saturday Night - Johnstown Chiefs
- Inferno Sign Veteran Defenseman - Columbia Inferno
- Edwardson Recalled to Portland - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons, Fire Fighters, Police Officers Raising Money - Fresno Falcons
- Aebischer Named Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Beauchemin Back to Phantoms - Trenton Devils
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Lojek Reassigned to Everblades from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Phoenix Downs Pensacola to Run Win Streak To Four - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- Free Jerseys on Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Gwinett Gladiators Game Notes - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1