Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala
FRESNO, Calif. - The keynote speaker has been announced for the Fresno Grizzlies' annual Hot Stove Gala, to take place at Chukchansi Park the evening of Friday, January 31. Six-time Major League All-Star first baseman Will Clark will be the featured guest of the 59th anniversary event. For the first time since 2003, Hot Stove will be held at the home of the Grizzlies, including a VIP reception (5:30-6:30) with Clark and the rest of the talent in the Kodiak Club presented by KY Farming, cocktail hour (5:30-6:30) at "Fresno Social" on the left field side of Chukchansi Park, dinner (7:00) and program (7:45) on the field under heated tents.
Will Clark is a veteran of 15 MLB seasons with the San Francisco Giants (1986-1993), Texas Rangers (1994-1998), Baltimore Orioles (1999-2000) and St. Louis Cardinals (2000). Before compiling 2,176 hits and 284 homers in the big leagues, Clark made his professional debut with the Fresno Giants of the California League in 1985, coming to Euless Park from Mississippi State University after being selected second overall in that year's draft by San Francisco. Clark would play only 71 minor league games prior to becoming a big leaguer in 1986, 65 of which were with Fresno.
With the Giants, Clark was selected to five consecutive all-star games between 1988 and 1992, and finished top five in National League MVP voting four of five seasons between 1987 and 1991. Clark twice was the NL Silver Slugger award winner at first base, in 1989 (led league with 104 runs scored) and again in 1991 (led NL with a .536 slugging percentage and 303 total bases). During his all-star debut season of 1988, Clark led the National League with 109 RBI and 100 walks. Retiring as a player after the 2000 season having played nearly 2,000 Major League games, Clark's career ended with a .303 lifetime MLB batting average.
The San Francisco Giants have announced that Clark's number 22 will be retired next season. In 2008 he was a member of the organization's inaugural Wall-of-Fame class, celebrating 50 seasons of Major League Baseball in the Bay Area.
Additional talent to speak and participate in a Q&A session at the event will be announced in the coming weeks. Individual early bird tickets for only $75 may be purchased now at FresnoGrizzlies.com and at the Chukchansi Park ticket office during usual business hours (prices will rise beginning Sept. 3). Individual VIP meet and greet tickets are currently $200. VIP tables are $2,000 apiece, and include: Seating for 10 guests, admission to the VIP meet and greet with the talent for 10 guests, and a bottle of wine at the table.
The annual Hot Stove Gala is organized by the Fresno Grizzlies' department of community engagement. The charitable arm of the Grizzlies is raffling off a 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid LE in conjunction with one of the club's major sponsors, and the winner will be drawn at the event on January 31. Tickets may be purchased for five dollars apiece or five for $20 at the Fresno Grizzlies Team store at Chukchansi Park or online: http://grizzlies.milbstore.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=17&dept_id=6276&product_id=124411
All proceeds from the Hot Stove Gala and the car raffle will benefit multiple Fresno-area and Central Valley youth baseball programs; the Grizzlies will use the funds to help renovate fields. Youth teams and organizations may submit video nominations on why their field(s) are in need at this link: https://www.milb.com/fresno/community/toyota-sweepstakes
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies Season Update
- Fresno Grizzlies Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Fowler Packing (Peelz), Save Mart, ABC 30, Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, and Grizzlies Join Forces to Surprise Senior Shoppers with Free Groceries
- Grizzlies Unveil 2020 Daily Specials
- Chukchansi Park Job Fair Set for Saturday, March 7th