Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team
The Pacific Coast League on Monday announced their annual All-Pacific Coast League squad for the 2019 season, with Storm Chasers southpaw Foster Griffin earning a spot as the league's Left-Handed Starting Pitcher. Griffin is the first Omaha player to be named to the league's All-PCL squad since the 2014 season.
Entering play on Monday, Griffin paces all qualified PCL left-handed pitchers in earned-run average (5.35) and batting average against (.265), in addition to ranking second in that company in win percentage (.580). Among all of the league's qualified hurlers, Griffin ranks seventh in batting average against and win percentage, in addition to tenth in earned-run average.
In 23 starts with the Storm Chasers in 2019, the 24-year-old has compiled a 7-5 record and 5.35 ERA (70 ER/117.2 IP), adding 103 strikeouts. He enters play today ranked tied for second among Royals minor league pitchers in wins (seven), in addition to fourth in innings pitched (117.2), tied for fifth in strikeouts (103) and sixth in win percentage (.583).
This marks the first league Post-season All-Star selection for the Florida native. Griffin becomes the first Storm Chasers player honored as a Pacific Coast League Post-Season All-Star since catcher Francisco Pena in 2014, as well as the first Omaha pitcher to earn post-season accolades from the league since left-hander Ryan Verdugo (2012).
The All-PCL Team was compiled through votes submitted by the league's field managers, general managers and media.
The Storm Chasers are set to begin their final homestand of the 2019 season on Monday evening, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05pm CT against the Nashville Sounds. The Storm Chasers will face the Sounds and Round Rock Express at Werner Park through Monday, September 2.
Tickets are still available for all remaining Storm Chasers contests, and may be purchased at www.omahastormchasers.com/tickets, as well as by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.