Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25
August 26, 2019 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The Pacific Coast League office announced Monday that outfielder Tyrone Taylor of the San Antonio Missions and Las Vegas Aviators right-hander Parker Dunshee were named Player and Pitcher of the Week for the period of August 19-25, 2019.
For the week, Taylor hit .560 (14-for-25) with three home runs and 13 RBI. In seven games for the Missions, Taylor led the league in hits (14), total bases (26), RBI (13), and OPS (1.661). Taylor hit in all seven games this week, including multi-hit performances in six of those. The Torrance, Calif., native homered in three of seven contests, and had four multi-RBI games. Taylor went 3-for-5 with three runs scored, a home run and four RBI in the Missions 15-3 win over the Oklahoma City Dodgers on August 24.
Taylor, who was selected in the second round by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2012 draft out of Torrance High School, is batting .275 (84-for-305) with 13 home runs and 57 RBI in 85 games for San Antonio this season. His 13 home runs on the campaign are seven shy of tying his career high of 20 which he hit in the 2018 season with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. This is the third Player of the Week honor in eight professional seasons for Taylor (June 10,2013 with Low-A Wisconsin; June, 15, 2015 with Double-A Biloxi).
In two starts for the week for the Aviators, Dunshee went 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA in 11.2 innings pitched. In his first outing of the week, Dunshee did not factor into the decision though he left with a 3-1 lead after six innings with the team eventually prevailing for a 6-5 victory. The lone run scored off Dunshee on August 19 against the Reno Aces was an unearned run, and the right-hander yielded just one hit while walking a batter and striking out six. In his second start on August 24 against the Tacoma Rainiers, the Zionsville, Ind., native picked up the win scattering three hits over 5.2 innings while striking out six batters. Dunshee was one of four pitchers on the week not to yield an earned run, and tied for the league lead in WHIP (0.43) while having the second-most strikeouts (15).
On the season, the 24-year-old is 4-4 with a 4.90 ERA in 19 games (18 starts) for Las Vegas. Dunshee, who was selected in the seventh round by the Oakland Athletics in the 2017 draft out of Wake Forest University, has racked up 86 strikeouts with the Aviators this season while walking just 36 batters. For the 2018 MiLB.com Organizational All-Star, this is the fourth Pitcher of the Week honor in his career (April 15, 2018 with High-A Stockton; August 26, 2018 with Double-A Midland; April 28, 2019 with Double-A Midland).
Images from this story
Las Vegas Aviators pitcher Parker Dunshee
Tyrone Taylor of the San Antonio Missions
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.