David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team
SAN ANTONIO - The Pacific Coast League announced Monday that San Antonio Missions catcher David Freitas has been selected to the 2019 All- Pacific Coast League Team. The Missions have been represented on their league's post-season All-Star team each year since 2010.
Freitas is currently in the race to win the Pacific Coast League's batting title and leads the circuit with a .386 batting average (122-for-316). He is also pacing the league with an on-base percentage of .466 and is fourth in OPS at 1.039.
The 30-year-old began the season on the Seattle Mariners Opening Day roster before being optioned to Triple-A Tacoma on March 29. He was then acquired by the Brewers on April 14 and assigned to San Antonio on April 17 where he has remained since. Freitas fit in with the Missions right away and was selected to the Triple-A All-Star Game. He started for the Pacific Coast League at the Triple-A All-Star Game and went 2-for-2 with a pair of doubles, two runs, and an RBI. In 88 games this season, six with Tacoma and 82 with San Antonio, Freitas is batting .386 with 55 runs, 23 doubles, 12 home runs, and 79 RBI.
Freitas has three separate hitting streaks of at least 10 games and is currently on a 13-game hitting streak. He is also on a 28-game on-base streak. He has accumulated team-best 37 multi-hit games including a team-high 11 three-hit performances.
The Wilton, California native is in his 10th professional season and first in the Milwaukee Brewers organization. He was originally drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 15th round of the 2010 MLB First-Year Player Draft out of the University Hawaii.
The full All-PCL Team is listed below
C - David Freitas, San Antonio
1B - Kevin Cron, Reno
2B - Isan Diaz, New Orleans
3B - Ty France, El Paso
SS - Carter Kieboom, Fresno
OF - Kyle Tucker, Round Rock
OF - Sam Hilliard, Albuquerque
OF - Yonathan Daza, Albuquerque
DH - Jared Walsh, Salt Lake
RH SP - Colin Rea, Iowa
LH SP - Foster Griffin, Omaha
RP - David Carpenter, Nashville
2019 is the 118th season of baseball in San Antonio and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. Season seat memberships for the 2020 season are available now by calling 210-675-PARK (7275).
Images from this story
San Antonio Missions catcher David Freitas
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- San Antonio Missions 2021 Year in Review
- 2021 Season Comes to an End with a Sunday Night Loss to Corpus
- San Antonio Allows Four-Run 4th Inning in Loss to Hooks
- A 7th Inning Homer from Michael Curry Carries the Missions Past the Hooks
- Flying Chanclas Score Five Runs in the 7th to Defeat the Hooks