Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team
Round Rock, TX - With a week left in the 2019 regular season, the Pacific Coast League announced Monday its end of the year All-Star team. The 12-man roster, which is assembled through a vote of the League's field managers, media representatives and broadcasters is headlined by Aces first baseman Kevin Cron. Cron leads the Pacific Coast League in home run and RBI.
This is the second year in a row Cron has been selected to the All-Pacific Coast League Team. He was joined in 2018 by infielder Ildemaro Vargas.
Of the 12-man roster, nine members of the postseason All-Star team also received mid-season All-Star honors.
Kieboom and Diaz, elected as the team's middle infielders, are joined in the infield by first baseman Kevin Cron (Reno), and third baseman Ty France (El Paso). Cron, who was also named a PCL postseason All-Star as designated hitter in 2018, leads the PCL in home runs (38), slugging percentage (.789), OPS (1.227) and is fourth in RBI (101). His infield corner mate France, who was the PCL's All-Star Game MVP, has enjoyed a breakthrough year; prior to his MLB promotion, he sat at or near the top of numerous offensive categories, including topping the circuit in average (.399) and home runs (27). Diaz, the team's second baseman, leads the Baby Cakes in hits (115), HR (27), RBI (70) and doubles (21). For Kieboom, he is tied for eighth in the league in walks with 63.
Tucker, and Albuquerque's Sam Hilliard and Yonathan Daza make up the outfield. Tucker became just the fifth player in the 116-year history of the PCL to have a 30-30 season, hitting 30 home runs while also having 30 stolen bases. Hilliard and Daza both place amongst the top ten in several offensive categories.
Joining the rest of the position players are catcher David Freitas (San Antonio) and designated hitter Jared Walsh (Reno). Freitas leads the league in batting average at .386 and is the front runner for the batting title, and in doing so would become the third full-time catcher in PCL history and first since Jesse Gonder in 1962 with San Diego. The Angels farmhand, Walsh, is fourth in the league in home runs (34), and ranked third in on-base percentage (.430).
Colin Rea (Iowa), was named the right-handed starting pitcher. The Indiana State product leads the league in ERA (3.74) and wins (14) and has been a key catalyst for the Iowa Cubs in their quest for the American Northern Title. The team's left-handed starter is Omaha's Foster Griffin. The southpaw has racked up 103 strikeouts in 117.2 innings on the campaign. Nashville Sounds closer David Carpenter, who has saved more games than any other PCL pitcher this season (20), was named the team's reliever.
The Pacific Coast League will announce their MVP award on Friday, August 30. For tickets or more information, fans can visit the team's website at www.renoaces.com or by calling (775) 334-4700. Follow the club all season long on Twitter (@Aces) or like the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Cooper Hummel Named Triple-A West Player of the Month for September
- Aces Third Baseman Drew Ellis Named Triple-A West All Star
- Ellis, Aguilar, Heath and Beer Earn 2021 HOME Awards
- COVID-19 Protocols Cancel Reno Aces Season Finale
- Tonight's Aces game against Las Vegas canceled