Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL
Metairie, LA - New Orleans Baby Cakes second baseman Isan Diaz has been named to the All-Pacific Coast League team, the league announced on Monday.
Diaz put up a historic season, launching 26 home runs, the ninth-most in a single season in franchise history, and the most by a middle infielder. He scored 89 runs, the fourth most in a single season in New Orleans history. At the time of Diaz's promotion to Miami, Diaz ranked among the PCL's top 20 in runs scored (T-2nd), home runs (T-7th), OPS (7th), total bases (9th), hits (T-12th), batting average (15th), and RBI (T-19th).
He also hit safely in 17 consecutive games from May 29 to June 16, tied for the seventh-longest streak the league has seen this season.
The 23-year-old is the first New Orleans position player to be named to the postseason All-Star team since designated hitter Rick Short and outfielder Brandon Watson in 2005.
Diaz was also awarded a mid-season PCL All-Star award, and was named to the SiriusXM Futures Game as one of baseball's top prospects. MLB Pipeline lists him as the Marlins' No. 5 prospect, and placed him No. 84 in all of baseball. Last week, Baseball America tabbed Diaz the Marlins' Minor League Player of the Year.
The Baby Cakes begin the season's final homestand on Monday at 6:30 p.m. against the Memphis Redbirds. For more information, contact the 'Cakes at (504) 734-5155.
Images from this story
New Orleans Baby Cakes second baseman Isan Diaz
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.