Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards
FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno Grizzlies, in their debut season as Triple-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals, have announced individual player awards for the 2019 season, as selected by the club's front office. In addition, Carter Kieboom has been selected to the 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team (shortstop). Outfielder Yadiel Hernandez is Fresno's 2019 Most Valuable Player, 1B/OF Jose Marmolejos is Hitter of The Year, RHP Dakota Bacus is Pitcher of The Year, and catcher Matt Reistetter has been named Community Relations Player of the Year.
(Stats as of August 26)
Carter Kieboom, All-PCL Team (SS): In his first season at Triple-A, the 21-year old batted .311 over his first 102 games, with 16 home runs and 78 RBI. His 63 walks and .416 OBP lead the Grizzlies. Kieboom has reached base safely in 39 of his last 41 games dating to June 29, and has reached base in 16 consecutive contests. The fourth-year pro was selected to the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game in Cleveland in July, part of Major League Baseball's All-Star Game festivities. He also homered during his Major League debut at Nationals Park on April 26 against San Diego.
Yadiel Hernandez, 2019 Fresno Grizzlies Team MVP: As of August 26, Hernandez leads the club with 120 games played while driving in 80 runs and scoring 82 times. His 135 hits, .595 slugging percentage and .999 OPS also lead the Grizzlies. On August 25, Hernandez became the seventh player in franchise history to record 30 home runs in a single season, placing him in a tie for fourth all-time. In his ninth professional season and third in the United States after defecting from Cuba, Hernandez was selected to this year's Triple-A All-Star Game in El Paso.
Jose Marmolejos, Hitter of The Year: Between June 15 and June 30 Marmolejos enjoyed a 15-game hit streak, the longest by any Fresno batter this season, and hit an astounding .517 (31-for-60) during the streak with 11 extra-base hits and 22 RBI. At the time of his selection, his .315 average and 29 doubles led the club. Marmolejos is also second on the team in slugging at .545 during his ninth professional season with the Nationals organization.
Dakota Bacus, Pitcher of The Year: At the time of his selection, the right-hander had appeared in a club-high 46 games with nine saves, also a team-high. Bacus has logged 55.1 innings, allowing only three home runs while striking out 52 batters during his first season at Triple-A. The eighth-year pro has allowed only a .239 average during a season of record-setting offense in the PCL, and was selected to the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game in El Paso.
Matt Reistetter, Community Relations Player of The Year: Never shy to spend extra time both at Chukchansi Park and outside of it, Reistetter set the tone for exemplary community outreach from the clubhouse in 2019. The sixth-year pro is always willing to speak to a group on the field pre-game or catch a first pitch. More importantly, Reistetter took time to visit patients at Valley Children's Hospital, players involved with Junior Grizzlies (special needs baseball) and was an instructor during 2019 baseball camps at Chukchansi Park.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Taco Pinto, Tacos la Vaporera, Miche Firme Bring Home Hardware at Taco Truck Throwdown 10: Grizzlies
- Taco Truck Throwdown 10 to Take Place this Saturday
- Three Grizzlies Earn 2021 Low-A West Honors
- Fresno Grizzlies Challenge Santa Barbara to Participate in Taco Truck Throwdown 10 in Press Conference
- 2021 Fresno Grizzlies Season Recap