Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Dodgers open their final homestand of the regular season at 7:05 tonight against the Iowa Cubs and will close out the 2019 Pacific Coast League season with eight straight home games and numerous special events, including Fan Appreciation Weekend, at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The Dodgers open the homestand by playing the Iowa Cubs at 7:05 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. An on-field naturalization ceremony will take place prior to Wednesday's game as 40 people will be naturalized as United States citizens in conjunction with a U.S. District Courts initiative. The series then concludes with a 7:05 p.m. game on a $2 Thursday, featuring $2 select beer, bottled water and Pepsi products.
Fan Appreciation Weekend opens at 7:05 p.m. Friday when the Dodgers begin their final series of the season against the New Orleans Baby Cakes at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Gates open at 6 p.m. Friday and the first 1,000 fans will receive a Dodgers hat. Select players will be available for pregame autographs and the OKC Disc Dogs will perform on the field throughout the night. Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Supermercados Morelos, are scheduled to follow the game.
The final INTEGRIS "Home Run For Life" honoree of the season will be recognized following the third inning and fans will have the opportunity to bid on game-used, game-worn and autographed Dodgers memorabilia during the Clubhouse Collectibles silent auction, presented by The Oklahoman.
Saturday's game between the Dodgers and Baby Cakes starts at 7:05 p.m. and fireworks are slated to follow, presented by Allstate. Select players will be available for autographs prior to the game and fans will receive a complimentary 2019 team poster when they exit the ballpark.
Sunday's game against New Orleans starts at 2:05 p.m. on a Chaparral Energy Family Sunday, featuring many family friendly activities including inflatables, face painters and kids can run the bases after the game.
Red the Bat Dog will assist on the field during pregame activities and serve as bat dog for the game's first three innings Sunday before interacting with fans on the concourse during the game. Red is a three-year-old Labrador retriever/German shepherd mix trained by Lukas Miller of Sit Means Sit dog training in Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
Catch the final OKC Dodgers game of the season on Labor Day when they play New Orleans starting at 11:05 a.m. Monday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Dodgers public address announcer Jared Gallagher will work from the concourse during the game. Fans can also celebrate the unofficial end of summer with the OKC Dodgers and Downtown OKC by participating in fun activities on the Mickey Mantle Plaza, including sidewalk chalk, bubbles and hula hoops.
Throughout Fan Appreciation Weekend, fans will have the opportunity to participate in the gameday experience via in-stadium votes related to music and between-inning skits. Social media giveaways will take place during the weekend, including in-game contests to win merchandise, including a team-signed baseball.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM-1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Isotopes Walk off over Aviators to Open Final Home Series - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Blanks San Antonio 6-0 in Division Clash - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Wins, Magic Number Falls to Three - Iowa Cubs
- Express Takes Series Opener in Critical Showdown - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Foster Griffin Named to All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Home Dates for Chasers' 2020 Season Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers' Hernandez Silences Sounds 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Musters Just One Hit in Loss to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2019 Player Awards - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes-Redbirds Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Baby Cakes Washed out Monday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-69) at Omaha Storm Chasers (55-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Righty Rea Selected to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes' Diaz Named All-PCL - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Jared Walsh Named to All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- Kevin Cron Named to 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Reno Aces
- River Cats on the Brink of 12th Division Title as Final Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Hilliard, Daza Named to 2019 All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 All-Pacific Coast League Team Announced - PCL
- David Freitas Named to All-PCL Team - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Express OF Kyle Tucker Named to All-PCL Team - Round Rock Express
- David Carpenter Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- 2019 Joe Bauman Home Run Award Comes Down to Final Week - PCL
- Will Clark to Headline 2020 Fresno Grizzlies Hot Stove Gala - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor, Dunshee Named PCL Players of the Week for August 19 -25 - PCL
- San Antonio's Tyrone Taylor Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Land in Albuquerque with 9-Game Winning Streak - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fan Appreciation Weekend Highlights Final Homestand of 2019 Season for OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Turning Heads in a Rehab Assignment - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.