Thunder Sweep Growlers With 3-2 Win
November 25, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Adirondack Thunder News Release
GLENS FALLS - Jarrod Gourley scored a power-play goal in the third period to lift the Adirondack Thunder to a 3-2 win over the visiting Newfoundland Growlers on Friday night in front of 3,634 fans at Cool Insuring Arena.
Newfoundland took a 1-0 lead on the power play late in the first period. Orrin Centazzo took a pass from the side of the crease and tapped the puck into an open net for his ninth of the year. Assists were given to Michael Joyaux and Zach Solow with 50 seconds remaining.
Just 25 seconds later, Xavier Parent scored to tie the game. Sebastian Vidmar sent a pass to Parent from below the goal line and he beat goaltender Dryden McKay. The goal was Parent's third of the year with assists from Vidmar and Noah Corson and the game was tied after one period.
Nick Rivera gave the Thunder a 2-1 lead 46 seconds into the second period. Xavier Parent hit Rivera in the back with a pass and Rivera spun and sent a shot into the net by the left leg pad of goaltender Dryden McKay. The goal was Rivera's first of the year from Parent and Matt Stief.
The Growlers tied the game on a shorthanded breakaway goal by Pavel Gogolev with 1:54 left in the second. The goal was his first of the year, unassisted, and the game was tied heading into the third period.
Jarrod Gourley scored the eventual game-winning goal at 13:03 of the third period on the power play. Gourley took a pass and sent a shot through a screen and into the net for his third of the year. Xavier Parent and Ryan Da Silva were given the assists and that held up as the winner.
Jake Theut stopped 28 of 30 shots for the win in net.
The Thunder return home tomorrow against the Reading Royals at 7 p.m. for Teddy Bear Toss Night! Bring your teddy bears to throw on the ice after the Thunder score and they will be donated to the Salvation Army in Queensbury. Also, enjoy $4 Bud Light through the end of the first period. Get your tickets by visiting the Thunder front office or by calling 518-480-3355.
For more information on ticket packages, call the front office at 518-480-3355 or visit www.ECHLThunder.com/tickets. For all the latest Adirondack Thunder news, follow the team on all social media @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 25, 2022
- Zane Franklin Scores Twice Against Former Club In 5-1 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Edged at Home, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Down Komets in Exciting Night of Firsts - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers Make Wichita Blue on Black Friday - Tulsa Oilers
- Comeback Falls Short in Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Drub Nailers 4-1, Win Third Straight - Kalamazoo Wings
- Worcester Comeback Falls Short, Railers Lose 5-4 in OT - Worcester Railers HC
- Everblades Melt Icemen 4-2 - Florida Everblades
- Claeys Blanks Mariners in One-Goal Game in Maine, 1-0 - Reading Royals
- Indy Defeats Iowa at Home, 5-2 - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Fall in Goaltending Battle - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heartlanders Have Three-Game Point Streak Snapped Friday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Thunder Sweep Growlers With 3-2 Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wings Take Testy Tussle, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Drop Goaltending Duel to Reading - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Tackled 3-2 by Thunder - Newfoundland Growlers
- Kirk and Parks Shine in Glads' Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Win Overtime Thriller Against Railers - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 25 - ECHL
- Brett Gravelle Activated off Injured Reserve - Rapid City Rush
- Destination Utah for the Next Three Games - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Admirals Shuffle Roster with Three Trades - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Goes Black Friday Shopping Tonight in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 25 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Florida Ready to Battle in Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Schedule Change - Worcester Railers HC
- Grizzlies Gameday: Black Friday at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Glads Look for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Boise, 8:10 PM CST - Allen Americans
- Forward Blade Jenkins Reassigned to Bridgeport Islanders - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Faceoff with Mariners for Rematch in Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.