Game Notes: vs Kansas City
GAME #15 vs Kansas City
11/25/22 | The Monument Ice Arena | 7:05 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT: Daniil Chechelev made 38 saves on 40 shots, Calder Brooks scored for the third straight game and Alex Aleardi had a goal and an assist as the Rush beat the Kansas City Mavericks 5-2 on Wednesday night at The Monument Ice Arena. Rapid City won for the fifth time in the last seven games and for the third time in a row.
HEATING UP: The Rush won their third consecutive game on Wednesday and earned their fifth victory in their last seven games. Since starting the year 2-5-0-0, the Rush are 5-2-0-0 and have outscored their opponents a combined 30-18 in the seven games.
CHECH THE WORKHORSE: Daniil Chechelev made 38 saves on 40 shots faced in the 5-2 win on Wednesday, equaling a season-high in saves. Chechelev has started 11 of Rapid City's 14 games this season and owns a record of 7-4-0-0 with a 2.70 GAA and .924 save percentage. He leads the ECHL with 364 saves, and in minutes played by a goaltender with 667. His seven wins are also tied for the most in the ECHL.
CREAM OF THE CROP: Rush forward Alex Aleardi was named ECHL Player of the Week on Tuesday. Aleardi was honored by the league after scoring two goals along with five assists and a +7 plus/minus rating in the three games against the Tulsa Oilers last week. In his first season with Rapid City, Aleardi has recorded four goals and 11 assists over 14 games. He is currently riding a seven-game point streak, during which he has four goals and eight assists.
MR. 400: Rush forward Logan Nelson's next game will be his will appear in his 400th career ECHL game. Over his 399 games in the league to date, he has 103 goals and 164 assists. Nelson has played 99 games for the Rush during his career and recorded 34 goals and 59 assists. His ECHL career began in 2014 and he has played for eight different teams in the league.
HOME COOKIN: Following Wednesday's win, the Rush are now 4-2-0-0 on home ice this season. They went 18-11-4-3 at home in 2021-22.
ODDS AND ENDS: Rory Kerins has recorded points in eight of the 11 games he has played for Rapid City and has multi-point games in five of them...Calder Brooks has goals in three consecutive games. Five of his seven goals have been scored in those three games...Keanu Yamamoto has three goals and four assists in his last five games. That stretch comes after he recorded two assists in his first eight professional games.
UP NEXT: Rapid City and Kansas City will clash again on Saturday night. It's Yellowstone Night and the team will be wearing specialty jerseys for the first time this season. Puck drop at The Monument Ice Arena is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 25, 2022
- Zane Franklin Scores Twice Against Former Club In 5-1 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Edged at Home, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Down Komets in Exciting Night of Firsts - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers Make Wichita Blue on Black Friday - Tulsa Oilers
- Comeback Falls Short in Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Drub Nailers 4-1, Win Third Straight - Kalamazoo Wings
- Worcester Comeback Falls Short, Railers Lose 5-4 in OT - Worcester Railers HC
- Everblades Melt Icemen 4-2 - Florida Everblades
- Claeys Blanks Mariners in One-Goal Game in Maine, 1-0 - Reading Royals
- Indy Defeats Iowa at Home, 5-2 - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Fall in Goaltending Battle - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heartlanders Have Three-Game Point Streak Snapped Friday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Thunder Sweep Growlers With 3-2 Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wings Take Testy Tussle, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Drop Goaltending Duel to Reading - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Tackled 3-2 by Thunder - Newfoundland Growlers
- Kirk and Parks Shine in Glads' Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Win Overtime Thriller Against Railers - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 25 - ECHL
- Brett Gravelle Activated off Injured Reserve - Rapid City Rush
- Destination Utah for the Next Three Games - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Admirals Shuffle Roster with Three Trades - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Goes Black Friday Shopping Tonight in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 25 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Florida Ready to Battle in Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Schedule Change - Worcester Railers HC
- Grizzlies Gameday: Black Friday at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Glads Look for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Boise, 8:10 PM CST - Allen Americans
- Forward Blade Jenkins Reassigned to Bridgeport Islanders - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Faceoff with Mariners for Rematch in Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.