Kirk and Parks Shine in Glads' Fifth Straight Home Win
November 25, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Atlanta Gladiators News Release
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators (8-4-1-0) skated to a 3-1 victory at Gas South Arena on Friday night against the South Carolina Stingrays (8-4-1-0). Newly reassigned rookie forward Liam Kirk bagged his first two Gladiators goals in the third period, and goaltender Tyler Parks allowed just one goal on 45 Stingrays shots.
Highlights of Atlanta's 3-1 win over South Carolina
First Star: Liam Kirk (ATL) - two goals
Second Star: Tyler Parks (ATL) - 44 saves
Third Star: Cody Sylvester (ATL) - goal
Tyler Parks helped keep the game tied at 0-0 through the first period with 19 saves in the first frames. South Carolina's 19 shots in the first marked the most shots that Atlanta had surrendered in a period this season.
Cody Sylvester eventually broke the scoreless tie late in the second period with his sixth tally of the season (16:02). On the power play, Sylvester shot puck from the right circle that beat South Carolina goaltender Tyler Wall on the glove side. The goal marked the 10th straight contest in which the Gladiators have scored a power-play goal.
Atlanta's penalty kill came up big once again late in the third period when the Glads killed off 1:39 worth of a 5-on-3 for the Stingrays.
Englishman Liam Kirk came to life in the third period and tabbed his first two Gladiators goals. Michael Turner and Reece Vitelli got to work on the forecheck in the middle of the third frame and forced a turnover in the South Carolina zone. Kirk picked up the loose disc and roofed it to give Atlanta a 2-0 lead (7:42).
Later in the third, Kirk picked up his second goal on a blazing wrist shot from the slot (13:49).
Andrew Cherniwchan spoiled Atlanta goaltender Tyler Parks' shutout bid with a late third-period goal to get South Carolina on the board (18:54). Parks finished a stellar night with 44 saves on 45 shots.
Atlanta takes on South Carolina tomorrow at 7:00 PM on home ice to round out the week.
2022-23 Season Tickets are available! For information on single game tickets, playoff packages, and group tickets for 2022-23, visit HERE, or call the Gladiators front office at 770-497-5100.
The Atlanta Gladiators are a proud member of the ECHL and play home games at Gas South Arena located in Duluth, Georgia. Follow along with the Gladiators onFacebook,Instagram,LinkedIn,TikTok,Twitter, andYouTube.
Crunch Fitness is the Official Fitness Partner for the Atlanta Gladiators. Crunch is a diverse community; what we have is a culture of fun; what there is, is room for everyone: all kinds of people with all kinds of goals who've chosen to come reach them with us. Crunch. No Judgments.
The Atlanta Gladiators are a proud affiliate of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes and the AHL's Tucson Roadrunners.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 25, 2022
- Zane Franklin Scores Twice Against Former Club In 5-1 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Edged at Home, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Down Komets in Exciting Night of Firsts - Toledo Walleye
- Oilers Make Wichita Blue on Black Friday - Tulsa Oilers
- Comeback Falls Short in Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Drub Nailers 4-1, Win Third Straight - Kalamazoo Wings
- Worcester Comeback Falls Short, Railers Lose 5-4 in OT - Worcester Railers HC
- Everblades Melt Icemen 4-2 - Florida Everblades
- Claeys Blanks Mariners in One-Goal Game in Maine, 1-0 - Reading Royals
- Indy Defeats Iowa at Home, 5-2 - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Fall in Goaltending Battle - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heartlanders Have Three-Game Point Streak Snapped Friday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Thunder Sweep Growlers With 3-2 Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wings Take Testy Tussle, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Drop Goaltending Duel to Reading - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Tackled 3-2 by Thunder - Newfoundland Growlers
- Kirk and Parks Shine in Glads' Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Win Overtime Thriller Against Railers - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 25 - ECHL
- Brett Gravelle Activated off Injured Reserve - Rapid City Rush
- Destination Utah for the Next Three Games - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Admirals Shuffle Roster with Three Trades - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Goes Black Friday Shopping Tonight in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 25 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Florida Ready to Battle in Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Schedule Change - Worcester Railers HC
- Grizzlies Gameday: Black Friday at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Glads Look for Fifth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Boise, 8:10 PM CST - Allen Americans
- Forward Blade Jenkins Reassigned to Bridgeport Islanders - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Faceoff with Mariners for Rematch in Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.