Thunder Home Point Streak Ends with 4-1 Loss to Brampton
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder outshot the Brampton Beast 49-29 but could not convert their opportunities to goals in a 4-1 loss Saturday night at Cool Insuring Arena.
Brampton scored the first four goals of the game - two apiece from David Pacan and Nathan Todd. Pacan started the scoring at 11:28 of the first period with the first of two power-play tallies for Brampton. The 27-year-old Pacan found a floating puck in front of the Thunder cage and potted a quick shot by Alex Sakellaropoulos for a 1-0 lead.
Todd had the next two tallies for the Beast that started with a great redirection of a Jordan Henry shot on a 5-on-3 power play before the end of the opening period. He made it 3-0 less than six minutes into the middle frame when he snuck behind the Thunder defense and put a backhand shot by Sakellaropoulos.
Pacan gathered his second of the night after a defensive-zone turnover from Adirondack. The University of Vermont product intercepted a pass behind the net, curled in front and put a wrist-shot top-shelf past the unsuspecting Thunder goalie.
Alex Carrier helped the Thunder avoid their first shutout of the season when he banged home a rebound opportunity with less than eight minutes remaining in the game. Blake Thompson and Mike Sdao had a nice give-and-go passing set before Thompson got a shot on net. Cullen Bradshaw slid the rebound over to Carrier who put it past Beast goalie Etienne Marcoux, who was excellent in net all night for Brampton. Marcoux finished with 48 saves on the night.
Both teams will take some time off as they head into the ECHL All-Star Break. Forward Mike Szmatula will represent the Thunder in Toledo on Monday night. Adirondack returns to the ice Friday night when the Worcester Railers make their way to Glens Falls. For the latest Thunder news, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ECHLThunder.
Images from this story
Alex Carrier of the Adirondack Thunder takes on the Brampton Beast
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 19, 2019
- Steelheads Take Second OT Thriller over Americans, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Wins OT Thriller in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Snap Oilers Streak in Finale - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Race Past Rush to Earn Series Win - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Surge Past Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Earn Shootout Win against Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Erase Early Deficit, Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Drop Back and Forth OT Battle to Wichita, 6-5 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Pretty in Pink with 6-1 Win over IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- LeBlanc Leads Solar Bears to 7-4 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Take Shootout Victory on Gagnon's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Home Point Streak Ends with 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat the Railers, 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Shorthanded Railers Fall 5-1 to Growlers - Worcester Railers HC
- Glads Complete Weekend Sweep of Greenville and Move Win Streak to Four with 2-1 Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Crown Royals on Late Shorthanded Goal - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - January 20 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: IceMen at Admirals, January 19, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot, January 19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day in Boise - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Saturday's Everblades Game to Air on 99.3 ESPN - Florida Everblades
- Tolkinen Loaned to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Concludes Home-And-Home Tonight vs. KC - Wichita Thunder
- Kalamazoo Wings Important Pre-Game Information, January 19, 2018 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Jersey Retirement, Alumni Game Highlight 45th Anniversary Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Host Nailers in Final Game Before All-Star Break - Reading Royals
- Americans Earn a Point in Overtime Loss - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Outlast Americans in Wild 3-2 Overtime Finish - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 7-3 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Tulsa Defeats Utah 7-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Wells, MacMillan Pace Thunder in Shutout Win vs. KC - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Win Sixth Straight in Rout of Grizzlies - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Strike Sends Rush Past Everblades, 3-2 - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.