Americans Earn a Point in Overtime Loss
Boise, Idaho - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, had their four-game winning streak snapped on Friday night in a 3-2 loss to Idaho, in front of a sellout crowd at Century Link Arena.
Curt Gogol opened the scoring for Allen with his sixth goal of the season at the 4:58 mark from Dalton Thrower and Chase Lang to put Allen up 1-0. The period also included two game misconducts. Adam Miller for Allen and Kale Kessy for Idaho were both sent to the showers early.
Idaho bounced back in the second frame with two unanswered goals to grab the lead for the first time in the three-game series. The Steelheads outshot the Americans 19 to 4 in the second period.
Allen would respond in the third period tying the score at the 5:50 mark when Alex Breton blasted one past Tomas Sholl for his seventh goal of the season. The score would remain that way until the 3:17 mark of the overtime period when Steven McParland picked up his own rebound and found the back of the net to give Idaho the 3-2 victory.
A combined 127 penalty minutes on Friday night between the two teams. The Americans picked an all-important point in the loss. The same two teams battle it out tomorrow night at 8:10 pm CST.
Americans Next Home Game:
Wednesday,January 30th vs. Idaho
Time: 7:05 pm CST
Venue: Allen Event Center
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 19, 2019
- Steelheads Take Second OT Thriller over Americans, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Wins OT Thriller in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Snap Oilers Streak in Finale - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Race Past Rush to Earn Series Win - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Surge Past Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Earn Shootout Win against Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Erase Early Deficit, Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Drop Back and Forth OT Battle to Wichita, 6-5 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Pretty in Pink with 6-1 Win over IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- LeBlanc Leads Solar Bears to 7-4 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Take Shootout Victory on Gagnon's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Home Point Streak Ends with 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat the Railers, 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Shorthanded Railers Fall 5-1 to Growlers - Worcester Railers HC
- Glads Complete Weekend Sweep of Greenville and Move Win Streak to Four with 2-1 Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Crown Royals on Late Shorthanded Goal - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - January 20 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: IceMen at Admirals, January 19, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot, January 19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day in Boise - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Saturday's Everblades Game to Air on 99.3 ESPN - Florida Everblades
- Tolkinen Loaned to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Concludes Home-And-Home Tonight vs. KC - Wichita Thunder
- Kalamazoo Wings Important Pre-Game Information, January 19, 2018 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Jersey Retirement, Alumni Game Highlight 45th Anniversary Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Host Nailers in Final Game Before All-Star Break - Reading Royals
- Americans Earn a Point in Overtime Loss - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Outlast Americans in Wild 3-2 Overtime Finish - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 7-3 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Tulsa Defeats Utah 7-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Wells, MacMillan Pace Thunder in Shutout Win vs. KC - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Win Sixth Straight in Rout of Grizzlies - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Strike Sends Rush Past Everblades, 3-2 - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.