Game Day in Boise
Boise, Idaho - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, look for a series win tonight against the Idaho Steelheads. The puck drops at 8:10 pm CST.
The Americans are on a five-game point streak following last night's overtime loss. Allen will continue this eight game road trip with three in Tulsa next weekend. Tulsa currently leads the ECHL Mountain Division after back to back wins in Utah.
CJ Motte led the Allen charge last night stopping 39 of 42 Idaho shots to earn the number three star of the game last night. Here are some notables from last night's game as well as Americans notes.
Weekend Finale: Tonight, is the finale of a three-game series between the Allen Americans and the Idaho Steelheads. The two teams have split the first two games Allen picking up a point in last night's overtime loss.
Headed Up: Prior to last night's game, Americans defenseman Josh Thrower was recalled by the Iowa Wild. He's played in 23 games this season with Allen, where he's tallied 3 assists and 52 penalty minutes.
Getting Physical: In last night's game, the Americans totaled 72 penalty minutes while Idaho had 55 for a combined 127 penalty minutes. Zach Pochiro currently leads the team in penalty minutes with 89.
Streak Over: The 3-2 overtime loss to the Steelheads last night ended the Americans four-game winning streak. The Americans are now riding a five-game point streak.
Dalton's Milestone: Defenseman Dalton Thrower played his 100th game in an Americans uniform last night, where he tallied one helper. This is his second season with Allen.
First Timer: Curt Goal scored his first goal in an Americans uniform in the 3-2 loss in overtime. In the five games he has played for the Americans he has totaled four points.
ECHL All Star: Rookie Defenseman Alex Breton scored the game-tying goal in the third period last night. Breton will represent Allen in the upcoming All-Star Classic.
Allen Debut: Emerson Clark made his Allen debut last night against Idaho. Clark had 15 penalty minutes and one shot in the Americans 3-2 overtime loss.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 19, 2019
- Steelheads Take Second OT Thriller over Americans, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Wins OT Thriller in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Snap Oilers Streak in Finale - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Race Past Rush to Earn Series Win - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Surge Past Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Earn Shootout Win against Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Erase Early Deficit, Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Drop Back and Forth OT Battle to Wichita, 6-5 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Pretty in Pink with 6-1 Win over IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- LeBlanc Leads Solar Bears to 7-4 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Take Shootout Victory on Gagnon's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Home Point Streak Ends with 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat the Railers, 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Shorthanded Railers Fall 5-1 to Growlers - Worcester Railers HC
- Glads Complete Weekend Sweep of Greenville and Move Win Streak to Four with 2-1 Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Crown Royals on Late Shorthanded Goal - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - January 20 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: IceMen at Admirals, January 19, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot, January 19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day in Boise - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Saturday's Everblades Game to Air on 99.3 ESPN - Florida Everblades
- Tolkinen Loaned to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Concludes Home-And-Home Tonight vs. KC - Wichita Thunder
- Kalamazoo Wings Important Pre-Game Information, January 19, 2018 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Jersey Retirement, Alumni Game Highlight 45th Anniversary Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Host Nailers in Final Game Before All-Star Break - Reading Royals
- Americans Earn a Point in Overtime Loss - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Outlast Americans in Wild 3-2 Overtime Finish - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 7-3 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Tulsa Defeats Utah 7-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Wells, MacMillan Pace Thunder in Shutout Win vs. KC - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Win Sixth Straight in Rout of Grizzlies - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Strike Sends Rush Past Everblades, 3-2 - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.