Three Unanswered in the Third Doom K-Wings on Friday Night
Tulsa, OK. - Three unanswered goals from the Oilers in the third period doomed the K-Wings on Friday night as they fell 4-1.
Tulsa got on the board first in the opening frame. Mike McKee entered the offensive zone on the left side and fed a backdoor pass across the ice to Ian McNulty who tipped it past Kulbakov to give the Oilers a 1-0 lead. Shortly after the K-Wings answered right back to even the score before the end of the period. On the power play Tanner Sorenson collected the puck in his own zone before going coast to coast to put the puck past the blocker of Devin Williams, tying the game at 1-1.
After neither team scored in the second period to send the game into the third all tied up the Oilers used a three-goal third period to take a 4-1 victory. Tulsa broke the deadlock less than a minute into the period as Adam Pleskach found Eric Drapluk on the back door to put Tulsa back ahead for good. Drapluk's ninth of the season would stand as the game-winner as the Oilers would add a pair of goals in the final four minutes to cap off the scoring. Roman Ammirato netted a power play tally to put the Oilers up 3-1 before Jared Thomas scored on the empty net to push the score to 4-1.
Kalamazoo finished the night one-for-four on the man-advantage, while Tulsa finished one-for-three. Ivan Kulbakov stopped 30 of 33 shots in the defeat, while Devin Williams stopped 21 of 22.
Kalamazoo (36-30-2-3, 77pts) falls to fourth place in the Central Division after a Fort Wayne victory, one point back from the Komets.
The K-Wings conclude the regular tomorrow night in Tulsa as they face the Oilers for the second of a two-game set.
Kalamazoo Wings full season tickets are available now for the 2019-20 season! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 5, 2019
- Solar Bears Fall to Everblades in OT in Series Finale - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Extend Winning Streak to Four in 5-1 Win at Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Eliminated from Playoff Contention After Shootout Loss to Komets - Indy Fuel
- Doubling Down-ing: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Overtime, 3-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Tie ECHL Home-Win Record - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Olivieri's Late Goal Not Enough as Norfolk Falls to Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Kalk, Skinner Leads Thunder to Win vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Win Sixth Straight at Home - Tulsa Oilers
- Three Unanswered in the Third Doom K-Wings on Friday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Playoff Hopes Dashed in 4-2 Loss at Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Power Play Keeps Playoff Hopes Alive - Maine Mariners
- Royals One Point Back of Fourth and Final Playoff Spot with Win at Adirondack - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Torpedo Admirals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Drop Front End to Royals by 4-1 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Clinch Playoff Berth with Shootout Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Fall in a Shootout in Manchester - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nailers Playoff Hopes Fall Short in Game 70 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hudon Loaned to American Hockey League's Laval Rocket - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Ink Defenseman Hyman - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Sign Portland Winterhawks Defenseman Jared Freadrich - Orlando Solar Bears
- Eric Sweetman Loaned to AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - April 5 - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Face Solar Bears to Start Regular Season's Final Weekend - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Add Defenseman Tommy Parran on ATO - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Brampton Beast - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Newfoundland's O'Brien Receives 2018-19 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Worcester Railers Nominate Connor Doherty for ECHL Community Service Award - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, April 5 - Wheeling Nailers
- James Henry Receives 2018-2019 ECHL Community Service Award - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack's Henry Receives 2018-19 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Royals Are 2 Points out of Playoff Spot, Visit Thunder Friday - Reading Royals
- Game Day: K-Wings Make First Visit to Tulsa - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.