James Henry Receives 2018-2019 ECHL Community Service Award
PRINCETON, N.J. - Adirondack's James Henry has been selected as the recipient of the 2018-19 ECHL Community Service Award.
Each ECHL team was given the opportunity to nominate a player for their efforts supporting community and charitable causes during the 2018-19 season. The nominations were voted on by League Office personnel.
As a year-round resident of Glens Falls, New York, Henry is an integral part of the Thunder's community outreach throughout the year. Last summer, he attended events at Saratoga Polo, delivered tickets to corporate sponsors including the Glens Falls Youth Center and sampled food at Taste of the North Country while representing and promoting the Thunder.
During the season, he was in four different schools as part of the team's reading and Good Move programs, showcasing the benefits of healthy eating, daily physical activity and good sleep.
Each year, along with his wife Ashley, they select a community initiative to try to benefit to the best of their abilities. This season, from some of their past personal experiences, the Henry's chose Mission 22, which aides in the prevention of veteran suicide. Through their ideas, which included a Mission 22-themed warmup jersey auction, the Thunder donated over $7,500 to Mission 22.
The other nominees for the 2018-19 ECHL Community Service Award were: Gary Steffes (Allen), Nathan Todd (Brampton), Justin Vaive (Cincinnati), Ben Masella (Florida), Jamie Schaafsma (Fort Wayne), Travis Howe (Greenville), Mitch Moroz (Idaho), Mathew Thompson (Indy), Eli Lichtenwald (Jacksonville), Jimmy Mullin (Kalamazoo), Rocco Carzo (Kansas City), Louie Rowe (Maine), Nic Pierog (Manchester), Todd Skirving (Newfoundland), Ty Reichenbach (Norfolk), Andrew D'Agostini (Reading), Patrick Megannety (South Carolina), Tyler Spezia (Toledo), Steven Kaunisto (Tulsa), Taylor Richart (Utah), Aaron Titcomb (Wheeling), Tyler Elbrecht (Wichita) and Connor Doherty (Worcester).
ECHL Community Service Award Winners
2018-19 James Henry, Adirondack Thunder
2017-18 Jeremy Beaudry, Wichita Thunder
2016-17 Mike Embach, Fort Wayne Komets
2015-16 Rob Florentino, Florida Everblades
2014-15 Cal Wild, Brampton Beast
2013-14 Dan Eves, Cincinnati Cyclones
2012-13 Andy Brandt, Gwinnett Gladiators
2011-12 Jason Fredricks, Ontario Reign
2010-11 Chris Frank, Elmira Jackals and Dustin Sproat, Cincinnati Cyclones
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 5, 2019
- Solar Bears Fall to Everblades in OT in Series Finale - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Extend Winning Streak to Four in 5-1 Win at Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Eliminated from Playoff Contention After Shootout Loss to Komets - Indy Fuel
- Doubling Down-ing: 'Blades Outlast Solar Bears in Overtime, 3-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Tie ECHL Home-Win Record - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Olivieri's Late Goal Not Enough as Norfolk Falls to Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Kalk, Skinner Leads Thunder to Win vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Win Sixth Straight at Home - Tulsa Oilers
- Three Unanswered in the Third Doom K-Wings on Friday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Playoff Hopes Dashed in 4-2 Loss at Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Power Play Keeps Playoff Hopes Alive - Maine Mariners
- Royals One Point Back of Fourth and Final Playoff Spot with Win at Adirondack - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Torpedo Admirals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Drop Front End to Royals by 4-1 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Clinch Playoff Berth with Shootout Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Fall in a Shootout in Manchester - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nailers Playoff Hopes Fall Short in Game 70 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hudon Loaned to American Hockey League's Laval Rocket - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Ink Defenseman Hyman - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Sign Portland Winterhawks Defenseman Jared Freadrich - Orlando Solar Bears
- Eric Sweetman Loaned to AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - April 5 - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Face Solar Bears to Start Regular Season's Final Weekend - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Add Defenseman Tommy Parran on ATO - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Brampton Beast - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Newfoundland's O'Brien Receives 2018-19 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Worcester Railers Nominate Connor Doherty for ECHL Community Service Award - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, April 5 - Wheeling Nailers
- James Henry Receives 2018-2019 ECHL Community Service Award - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack's Henry Receives 2018-19 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Royals Are 2 Points out of Playoff Spot, Visit Thunder Friday - Reading Royals
- Game Day: K-Wings Make First Visit to Tulsa - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.