The Force Was Strong in Brampton's Saturday Win
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - Erik Bradford had a pair of points and Connor Sanvido scored his first career ECHL goal as the Brampton Beast skated by the Maine Mariners 4-1 on Star Wars night.
The Brampton Beast hosted their annual Star Wars game on Saturday night against the Maine Mariners. The icy landscape outside the CAA Centre resembled the ice planet Hoth, which set the stage for a great game.
The first period started with a bang, as Erik Bradford got the scoring started with any early tally. TJ Melancon, making his return from injury, fired from the point and Bradford got a stick and sent it past Maine starter Francois Brassard less than a minute in.
The Beast continued their assault, and Lindsay Sparks was the scorer this time around. He took the pass from Francois Beauchemin and the aforementioned Bradford and tipped it home a for 2-0 Beast lead at 9:03.
Miles Gendron got in on the scoring later in the frame and wired a shot up past Brassard at 16:27 for a 3-0 Beast lead. It was a perfect shot that found the top corner and left the fans cheering in their seats.
Brampton took a 3-0 lead into the intermission and would be up in shots 10-7.
The second period was a more defensive effort from both sides as neither team was able to find twine.
Goaltenders Dubeau and Brassard were excellent when they were called upon and both made some saves to keep the game 3-0 after 40 minutes of play. Shots after two periods were 19-16 in favour of Brampton.
The Beast fought in the third snd got a goal off the stick of Connor Sanvido. The former Fort Wayne Komet tapped it into the net past Brassard for his first ECHL goal and a 4-0 Brampton lead at 1:44.
The Mariners struck back and got a goal from Michael McNicholas at 17:51 that broke the shutout bid of goaltender Dubeau. The horn would sound shortly after and the Beast would end the night with a 4-1 win.
Dubeau made 25 saves for his 16th win of the season. Brassard ended the contest with 25 of his own and the loss.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Sanvido (BRA) 2) Dubeau (BRA) 1) Bradford (BRA) The Beast and Mariners finished the game scoreless on three combined power play attempts. Brampton will go for the weekend sweep tomorrow at 2:00 PM.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Media Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or email@example.com. The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2019-20 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 18, 2020
- Solar Bears Drop First Game to IceMen in over a Year - Orlando Solar Bears
- Soper-Man Leads Swamp Rabbits to Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Edge Solar Bears 3-1 in Front of Sold out Crowd - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mavs Snakebit in Front of Sellout Crowd, Blown out in Saturday Night Contest to Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Drop Final Matchup of Season against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Third Period Comeback Leads Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Win Fifth Straight on Military Appreciation Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- The Force Was Strong in Brampton's Saturday Win - Brampton Beast
- First Period Flurry Leads Florida Past Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Opening Statement: Strong First Pushes 'Blades Past K-Wings - Florida Everblades
- McAdam Earns Shutout as Thunder Rout Railers, 5-0 - Adirondack Thunder
- First Period Hole Buries Mariners in Brampton - Maine Mariners
- Boots Makes 46 Saves in Railers 5-0 Loss in Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Fuel Finish Weekend with Division Win over Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- 'Rays Edge Glads in Tight 4-2 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break - Wheeling Nailers
- Tucson Roadrunners Send Brandon Halverson Back to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Returns from Recall to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Howdeshell Earns Call-Up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - January 18 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Wichita at Utah, January 18th, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen, January 18, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Loan Three to AHL - Allen Americans
- Legault's Late Winner Powers Rush against Fuel - Rapid City Rush
- Game Notes: at Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- Forward Zach Magwood Reassigned to Everblades from AHL's Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Savage Reassigned from Milwaukee - Maine Mariners
- Americans Play Solo Game in Kansas City Tonight - Allen Americans
- Eriksson Ek Shines in Overtime Loss to Steelheads - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizz Win 4-1 vs Wichita - Utah Grizzlies
- Supinski Seals Steelheads 2-1 Overtime Win over Oilers in Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- Vesey Nets First of Season in 4-1 Loss at Utah - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.