Mavs Snakebit in Front of Sellout Crowd, Blown out in Saturday Night Contest to Allen
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks were defeated 8-2 by the Allen Americans in front of a sellout crowd of 5,800. It was the Mavericks second consecutive sellout. The Mavericks now travel to Allen, Texas to face the Americans on Monday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. at Allen Events Center.
-Tyler Sheehy gave the Americans a 1-0 lead with a power play goal at the 12:14 mark of the opening period. Jared VanWormer and Olivier Archambault assisted on the goal.
-The Americans doubled their lead on a Josh Lammon goal with 50 seconds left in the first period. Cole Fraser and Jack Sadek assisted on the goal.
-Kansas City outshot Allen in the period, 11-9.
-Rookie forward Bryan Lemos (11) drew the Mavs within one goal 35 seconds into the second period. Zach Osburn and Cliff Watson assisted on the goal.
-Allen quickly reclaimed their two goal lead 2:11 into the period on a goal from Jordan Topping. Alex Breton and Archambault assisted on the goal.
-Stepan Falkovsky made it 4-1 with a power play goal at the 6:58 mark of the second period. Sheehy and Breton assisted on the goal.
-Brett Pollock pushed it to 5-1 at 13:48 of the period. Topping and Sheehy assisted.
-Allen scored their sixth goal of the contest at 15:47 of the period. Alex Guptill from Archambault and Lammon
-Tad Kozun (7) scored the Mavericks second goal of the game at 3:41 of the third period. Watson picked up his second assist on the game.
-Allen scored again at the 5:01 mark of the third period. A power play goal by Nick Boka assisted by Guptill and Topping.
-The Americans got another one at 7:27 of the final period. Topping's second of the game from Guptill.
Notes & Streaks
-The Mavericks announced a crowd of 5,800, their second consecutive home sellout.
-The loss was the Mavericks fourth in a row.
-Eight goals allowed was a season-high by the Mavericks.
The Mavs hit the road for a Martin Luther King Day matinee in Allen at 1:05 p.m. Monday afternoon at Allen Events Center. The Mavericks will return home next weekend on Friday and Saturday against the Idaho Steelheads for Military Appreciation Weekend. Faceoff for both games will be 7:05 p.m. All active duty, veteran and retired military members can receive $12 tickets by purchasing at the arena box office. Valid military I.D. required for purchase.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 18, 2020
- Solar Bears Drop First Game to IceMen in over a Year - Orlando Solar Bears
- Soper-Man Leads Swamp Rabbits to Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Edge Solar Bears 3-1 in Front of Sold out Crowd - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mavs Snakebit in Front of Sellout Crowd, Blown out in Saturday Night Contest to Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Drop Final Matchup of Season against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Third Period Comeback Leads Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Win Fifth Straight on Military Appreciation Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- The Force Was Strong in Brampton's Saturday Win - Brampton Beast
- First Period Flurry Leads Florida Past Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Opening Statement: Strong First Pushes 'Blades Past K-Wings - Florida Everblades
- McAdam Earns Shutout as Thunder Rout Railers, 5-0 - Adirondack Thunder
- First Period Hole Buries Mariners in Brampton - Maine Mariners
- Boots Makes 46 Saves in Railers 5-0 Loss in Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Fuel Finish Weekend with Division Win over Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- 'Rays Edge Glads in Tight 4-2 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break - Wheeling Nailers
- Tucson Roadrunners Send Brandon Halverson Back to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Returns from Recall to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Howdeshell Earns Call-Up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - January 18 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Wichita at Utah, January 18th, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen, January 18, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Loan Three to AHL - Allen Americans
- Legault's Late Winner Powers Rush against Fuel - Rapid City Rush
- Game Notes: at Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- Forward Zach Magwood Reassigned to Everblades from AHL's Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Savage Reassigned from Milwaukee - Maine Mariners
- Americans Play Solo Game in Kansas City Tonight - Allen Americans
- Eriksson Ek Shines in Overtime Loss to Steelheads - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizz Win 4-1 vs Wichita - Utah Grizzlies
- Supinski Seals Steelheads 2-1 Overtime Win over Oilers in Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- Vesey Nets First of Season in 4-1 Loss at Utah - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs Blanked 3-0 on Getaway Day in Utah
- Mavs Monday: KC Wraps up Set with Utah, Heads for Saturday Showdown vs. Kalamazoo
- Mavs Ride Another Clutch Goaltending Performance to 2-1 Shootout Win at Utah
- Mavs Sign D-Man Roshen Jaswal to ATO
- Schneider Dazzles in Mavs 1-0 Shutout Win at Utah