Grizz Win 4-1 vs Wichita
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies outshot the Wichita Thunder 49 to 12 in the game and got goals from 4 different players in a 4-1 win on Friday night at Maverik Center.
Wichita scored first as Nolan Vesey lit the lamp 2:38 into the game. It's the seventh straight game where the Grizzlies opponent has scored first. Utah tied up the game as Mitch Maxwell got a rebound from out in front of the net 12:31 into the first. It was Maxwell's 4th goal of the season. Utah outshot Wichita 15 to 3 in the first period.
Utah got second period goals from Eric Williams and Tim McGauley. Grizz outshot Wichita 21 to 4 in the second frame and led 3-1 after 2. Grizzlies have standings points in 18 of their last 21 games.
Sasha Larocque scored his first professional goal 7:06 into the third period to complete the scoring. Utah got 2 assists from Josh Dickinson in his first home game since returning from the AHL. He was a +3 on the night to lead all Utah skaters. Grizzlies are now 4-1 this season vs Wichita, outscoring them 22 to 8.
Saturday is Guns N Hoses Night at Maverik Center vs Wichita. There will be 2 Guns vs Hoses charity games beginning at 12:30 pm with doors open at 11:30 am. A ticket to the Grizzlies game is good to get fans in for both charity games. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com.
1. Eric Williams (Utah) - 1 goal.
2. Mitch Maxwell (Utah) - 1 goal, +2.
3. Josh Dickinson (Utah) - 2 assists, +3.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 18, 2020
- Solar Bears Drop First Game to IceMen in over a Year - Orlando Solar Bears
- Soper-Man Leads Swamp Rabbits to Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Edge Solar Bears 3-1 in Front of Sold out Crowd - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mavs Snakebit in Front of Sellout Crowd, Blown out in Saturday Night Contest to Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Drop Final Matchup of Season against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Third Period Comeback Leads Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Win Fifth Straight on Military Appreciation Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- The Force Was Strong in Brampton's Saturday Win - Brampton Beast
- First Period Flurry Leads Florida Past Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Opening Statement: Strong First Pushes 'Blades Past K-Wings - Florida Everblades
- McAdam Earns Shutout as Thunder Rout Railers, 5-0 - Adirondack Thunder
- First Period Hole Buries Mariners in Brampton - Maine Mariners
- Boots Makes 46 Saves in Railers 5-0 Loss in Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Fuel Finish Weekend with Division Win over Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- 'Rays Edge Glads in Tight 4-2 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break - Wheeling Nailers
- Tucson Roadrunners Send Brandon Halverson Back to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Returns from Recall to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Howdeshell Earns Call-Up to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - January 18 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Wichita at Utah, January 18th, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen, January 18, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Loan Three to AHL - Allen Americans
- Legault's Late Winner Powers Rush against Fuel - Rapid City Rush
- Game Notes: at Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- Forward Zach Magwood Reassigned to Everblades from AHL's Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Savage Reassigned from Milwaukee - Maine Mariners
- Americans Play Solo Game in Kansas City Tonight - Allen Americans
- Eriksson Ek Shines in Overtime Loss to Steelheads - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizz Win 4-1 vs Wichita - Utah Grizzlies
- Supinski Seals Steelheads 2-1 Overtime Win over Oilers in Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- Vesey Nets First of Season in 4-1 Loss at Utah - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.