Predators Recall Two from Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the team has recalled forward Matt Luff and defenseman Ben Harpur (conditioning loan) from Milwaukee.
Luff is tied for first in goals (7) and tied for second in points (16) on the Admirals, his first season with the organization. At the time of his recall, the 6-foot-2, 196-pound forward had five points (3g-2a) in his last four games and closed out November with 12 points (5g-7a) in 12 contests, including four multi-point efforts. Undrafted, Luff has skated in 64 career NHL games, with his most recent action at the NHL level coming during the 2020-21 season with Los Angeles. He's also a veteran of 159 career AHL contests and rattled off three straight seasons with at least 24 points for Ontario from 2017-20. His most productive AHL campaign came in 2018-19, where in just 36 games he established career highs in points (31), assists (20) and plus-minus (+7).
Harpur skated in six games for Milwaukee during his conditioning loan, recording five penalty minutes and four shots on goal. Prior to his stint with the Admirals, the 6-foot-6, 231-pound blueliner appeared in four games for the Predators after skating in 34 games and recording a career-high seven points (7a) with the team in 2020-21. Harpur has played in 141 career NHL contests with Nashville and Ottawa - which drafted him in the fourth round (108th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft - recording 14 points (1g-13a) and 100 penalty minutes.
The Admirals return to action this weekend when they play host to the Iowa Wild on Friday night at 7 pm and then again on Saturday night at 6 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2021
- Three-Goal First Period Pushes Griffins Past Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Hosting the Heat - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Skid in 4-1 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Willman Recalled to Flyers, Bunnaman Loaned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce First Annual "Lucky Launch" to Benefit Toys for Tots - Henderson Silver Knights
- On-Ice Passes for Admirals Concert Series on Sale - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Frank Hora to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly Report: a Perfect Weekend, Schwindt Racks up the Goals and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Colt Conrad Signed to AHL Contract - Henderson Silver Knights
- Wolf Pack Announce Postponement of December 8th Game vs. Belleville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hershey Bears Road Game at Wilkes-Barre Rescheduled - Hershey Bears
- Wednesday Night's Game Postponed to Next Tuesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- T-Birds Recall F Blake Christensen from Worcester - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins' Witkowski Suspended for Two Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins' Witkowski Suspended for Two Games - AHL
- Colorado Eagles, Townsquare Media Announce 2021 Teddy Bear Toss Details - Colorado Eagles
- Predators Recall Two from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stockton's Connor Mackey Named AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Connor Mackey Named AHL Player of the Week - Stockton Heat
- Rockford IceHogs Medical Update - Rockford IceHogs
- Bradley, Tardif Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs Head Home for Winning Weekday, $2 Bud Light Friday and Teddy Bear Toss - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Recalls Shaw from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Detroit Makes Four Roster Changes - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Panthers Recall Olli Juolevi from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Launch 2021 Shut out Hunger Food Drive in Support of Harvest Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.