Minnesota Recalls Shaw from Iowa
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forward Mason Shaw from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Shaw, 23 (11/3/98), has tallied 14 points (6-8=14), 43 penalty minutes (PIM) and 52 shots on goal in 18 games with Iowa this season. He leads the team in shots on goal, ranks T-1st in power-play goals (2), second in PIM and T-2nd in scoring and goals. The 5-foot-10, 184-pound native of Lloydminster, Alberta collected 22 points (8-14=22) and 39 PIM in 30 games with Iowa last season. Shaw has recorded 75 points (25-50=75), 133 PIM and 264 shots on goal in 142 games with Iowa and one assist in three Calder Cup Playoff contests.
Shaw was selected by Minnesota in the fourth round (97th overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft. He has not appeared in a NHL game and will wear sweater No. 58 with Minnesota.
Iowa plays in Rockford against the IceHogs on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. CT.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team's website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2021
- Three-Goal First Period Pushes Griffins Past Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Hosting the Heat - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Skid in 4-1 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Willman Recalled to Flyers, Bunnaman Loaned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce First Annual "Lucky Launch" to Benefit Toys for Tots - Henderson Silver Knights
- On-Ice Passes for Admirals Concert Series on Sale - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Frank Hora to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly Report: a Perfect Weekend, Schwindt Racks up the Goals and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Colt Conrad Signed to AHL Contract - Henderson Silver Knights
- Wolf Pack Announce Postponement of December 8th Game vs. Belleville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hershey Bears Road Game at Wilkes-Barre Rescheduled - Hershey Bears
- Wednesday Night's Game Postponed to Next Tuesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- T-Birds Recall F Blake Christensen from Worcester - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins' Witkowski Suspended for Two Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins' Witkowski Suspended for Two Games - AHL
- Colorado Eagles, Townsquare Media Announce 2021 Teddy Bear Toss Details - Colorado Eagles
- Predators Recall Two from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stockton's Connor Mackey Named AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Connor Mackey Named AHL Player of the Week - Stockton Heat
- Rockford IceHogs Medical Update - Rockford IceHogs
- Bradley, Tardif Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs Head Home for Winning Weekday, $2 Bud Light Friday and Teddy Bear Toss - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Recalls Shaw from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Detroit Makes Four Roster Changes - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Panthers Recall Olli Juolevi from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Launch 2021 Shut out Hunger Food Drive in Support of Harvest Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.