Peters Loaned to Bakersfield
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that defenseman Alex Peters has been loaned to the Condors.
Peters is in his second year with the Thunder. The Blyth, Ontario native attended training camp with the Condors. He was named captain after Opening Weekend. In seven games, Peters has five points (1g, 4a). Last year, he joined the Thunder in March and finished with 12 points (4g, 8a).
Prior to turning pro, he spent three seasons at Saint Mary's University. In 2018-19, he was selected to the USports Second All-Star Team after recording 13 points (5g-8a) in 20 games. He finished his collegiate career with 33 points (9g-24a) in 51 games over three seasons.
Peters played five seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with Plymouth and Flint. He was named as the team captain in 2014-15 for Plymouth and then earned that same honor in back-to-back seasons with Flint from 2015-17. He notched 71 points (14g-57a) in 239 career games during his junior career. Peters was selected in the third round (75th overall) by the Dallas Stars in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Wichita is off until Sunday when the Thunder heads to the BOK Center for an afternoon tilt against the Oilers at 4:05 p.m.
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2021
- Barker Scores Twice in 4-1 Solar Bears Win over Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ruck Rings in ECHL Debut with Win over Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Lions Roar Past Blades in Final Moments - Florida Everblades
- Peters Loaned to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Antoine Bibeau Recalled - Allen Americans
- Ege Back, Griffin Signed - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizz Insider: 6 Things to Know for Friday's Series Opener vs K-Wings - Utah Grizzlies
- Matt Berry Named ECHL November Player of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Berry Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Dräxlmaier Upward Mobility: Rabbits on the Rise - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Gain Reinforcements - Orlando Solar Bears
- Will the Lions Make It Five Wins in a Row? - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Chad Yetman Recalled by IceHogs - Indy Fuel
- Brandon Cutler Wins ECHL Rookie of the Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Utah's Cutler Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Icemen: December 2, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Acquire Bricknell from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Fort Wayne's Harvey Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Everblades to Host Lions for Only Thursday Home Game of the Season - Florida Everblades
- Railers to Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Fidelity Bank on Saturday December 11th - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Receive Laberge, Stevens from Utica - Adirondack Thunder
- Lions Post Spectacular Comeback Victory in Southwest Florida - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Heartlanders Force Shootout, Wichita Too Good in Skills Competition - Iowa Heartlanders
- Wichita Wins First-Ever Meeting vs. Iowa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.