Mariners Acquire Bricknell from Kansas City
PORTLAND, ME - The Mariners acquired forward Jake Bricknell from the Kansas City Mavericks on Thursday, completing a trade from September 30th that sent forward Mikael Robidoux to the Mavericks.
Bricknell, 24 years old, is in his rookie year and has skated in eight games for Kansas City this season, with one goal and two assists. The native of Post Perry, ON spent his prior two seasons playing USports (Canadian college hockey) for the University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
In his junior hockey days, Bricknell played three-and-a-half seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with the Belleville Bulls (2013-15), Hamilton Bulldogs (2015-16), and Guelph Storm (2016-17). He spent his final season and a half in the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL) with the Cobourg Cougars and Aurora Tigers. During his final junior season, he was the Captain with Aurora, and posted 99 points (35 goals, 64 assists) in 53 games, finishing second in the OJHL in scoring.
Robidoux has played in five games for the Mavericks and has registered no points and 48 penalty minutes.
The Mariners, proud ECHL affiliates of the Boston Bruins, have a pair of home games this weekend against the Adirondack Thunder. Saturday night is the annual Teddy Bear Toss game, with all donations benefiting Marine Toys for Tots and the Holden Police Department. It's also "Elf" night with Elf inspired specialty jerseys and Santa Con - fans encouraged to dress as Santa Claus. Finally, there is a winter beanie giveaway to the first 1,000 fans, presented by Martin's Point Healthcare. Game time is 6:00 PM.
The Mariners and Thunder then meet again on Sunday afternoon at 3:00 PM for "Beacon's Half-Birthday." The first 1,000 fans will receive a Beacon "shirsey," courtesy of Unifirst. Individual tickets for all games can be purchased online at MarinersOfMaine.com/tickets or by visiting the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena. Family four packs are available for both games at MarinersOfMaine.com/shop.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2021
- Barker Scores Twice in 4-1 Solar Bears Win over Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ruck Rings in ECHL Debut with Win over Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Lions Roar Past Blades in Final Moments - Florida Everblades
- Peters Loaned to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Antoine Bibeau Recalled - Allen Americans
- Ege Back, Griffin Signed - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizz Insider: 6 Things to Know for Friday's Series Opener vs K-Wings - Utah Grizzlies
- Matt Berry Named ECHL November Player of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Berry Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Dräxlmaier Upward Mobility: Rabbits on the Rise - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Gain Reinforcements - Orlando Solar Bears
- Will the Lions Make It Five Wins in a Row? - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Chad Yetman Recalled by IceHogs - Indy Fuel
- Brandon Cutler Wins ECHL Rookie of the Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Utah's Cutler Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Icemen: December 2, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Acquire Bricknell from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Fort Wayne's Harvey Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Everblades to Host Lions for Only Thursday Home Game of the Season - Florida Everblades
- Railers to Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Fidelity Bank on Saturday December 11th - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Receive Laberge, Stevens from Utica - Adirondack Thunder
- Lions Post Spectacular Comeback Victory in Southwest Florida - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Heartlanders Force Shootout, Wichita Too Good in Skills Competition - Iowa Heartlanders
- Wichita Wins First-Ever Meeting vs. Iowa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.