Toledo's Berry Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month
December 2, 2021 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
SHREWSBURY, N.J. - Matt Berry of the Toledo Walleye has been named the Warrior Hockey ECHL Player of the Month for November.
Berry scored eight goals, added 13 assists and posted a league-leading +13 rating in 12 games during the month.
The 29-year-old recorded at least one point in 10 of his 12 games in November, including four assists on Nov. 14 against Indy and two goals and two assists on Nov. 20 vs. Iowa, while posting three other multi-point games. He was named ECHL Player of the Week for the week ending Nov. 21 after tallying six points (3g-3a) in two games.
A native of Canton, Michigan, Berry leads the league with a +16 rating, is tied for the league lead with 15 assists, is tied for second with 24 points and tied for fourth with nine goals.
Berry has recorded 189 points (76g-113a) in 186 career ECHL games with Toledo, Kalamazoo, Florida and Utah while adding 22 points (7g-15a) in 63 career American Hockey League games with Grand Rapids, San Diego and Norfolk.
Prior to turning pro, Berry tallied 96 points (48g-48a) in 130 career games at Michigan State University.
Runners-Up: Blake Winiecki, Florida (12 gp, 10g, 7a, 17 pts.) and Patrick Watling, Wheeling (10 gp, 7g, 10a, 17 pts.).
Also Nominated: Yushiroh Hirano (Cincinnati), Will Merchant (Idaho), Nick Pastujov (Kansas City), Michael Brodzinski (Orlando), Logan Nelson (Rapid City), Jacob Pritchard (Reading), Olivier Archambault (Trois-Rivières) and Jay Dickman (Wichita).
Images from this story
Matt Berry of the Toledo Walleye
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2021
- Barker Scores Twice in 4-1 Solar Bears Win over Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ruck Rings in ECHL Debut with Win over Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Lions Roar Past Blades in Final Moments - Florida Everblades
- Peters Loaned to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Antoine Bibeau Recalled - Allen Americans
- Ege Back, Griffin Signed - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizz Insider: 6 Things to Know for Friday's Series Opener vs K-Wings - Utah Grizzlies
- Matt Berry Named ECHL November Player of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Berry Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Dräxlmaier Upward Mobility: Rabbits on the Rise - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Gain Reinforcements - Orlando Solar Bears
- Will the Lions Make It Five Wins in a Row? - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Chad Yetman Recalled by IceHogs - Indy Fuel
- Brandon Cutler Wins ECHL Rookie of the Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Utah's Cutler Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Icemen: December 2, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Acquire Bricknell from Kansas City - Maine Mariners
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Fort Wayne's Harvey Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Everblades to Host Lions for Only Thursday Home Game of the Season - Florida Everblades
- Railers to Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Fidelity Bank on Saturday December 11th - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Receive Laberge, Stevens from Utica - Adirondack Thunder
- Lions Post Spectacular Comeback Victory in Southwest Florida - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Heartlanders Force Shootout, Wichita Too Good in Skills Competition - Iowa Heartlanders
- Wichita Wins First-Ever Meeting vs. Iowa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.