P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
SPRINGFIELD, MA. - Brendan Gaunce extended his point streak to 11 games and Zach Senyshyn scored the game-winning goal as the Providence Bruins defeated the Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2, on Saturday night. With the victory, Providence has now won 10 consecutive games.
Max Lagace got the start in goal for Providence, recording 34 saves in his 22nd win of the season, which ranks second in the AHL.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 2 1 1 4
SPRINGFIELD 0 1 1 2
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"We were very good in the first. We were skating hard and doing a lot of the things we talked about against a group that we knew was going to push. They gave us all we could handle and then some.
"Our goalie was terrific, especially in the third period. We got some timely plays and we're obviously very happy with the win. It's really hard to play a team that many times in a row and come out victorious, especially against a team like Springfield that has a lot of talent and speed."
BRENDAN GAUNCE - ONE GOAL
"The goal was honestly thanks to the line's effort. I'm playing with two great players. Woodsy (Brendan Woods) made a great play in the neutral zone and (Brendan) Gaunce has been on fire lately. You can practically see the flames coming off him right now. I was just happy to be able to put it in.
"We honestly have a really close locker room. I think we've got a ton of skill in that room and things are starting to click. We're playing with a lot of confidence right now and it's good to have that swagger. We're really happy with the way we're rolling, but there's still a lot of work left to be done."
- Brendan Gaunce recorded one assist and extended his point streak to 11 games. He has 14 points (7G, 7A) during that span.
- Jack Studnicka scored a goal and extended his point streak to five games with seven points (3G, 4A) during that span.
- Ryan Fitzgerald scored his 13th goal of the season, while Trent Frederic scored his 8th goal of the year.
- Peter Cehlarik extended his point streak to five games with an assist. He has six points (2G, 4A) in during that span.
- Brendan Woods recorded his 12th assist of the season on Senyshyn's game-winning goal.
- Jakub Zboril collected an assist for the second consecutive game.
- The P-Bruins will return home to Providence, Rhode Island and take on the Hershey Bears on Sunday, March 8 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 3:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2020
- Sens Doubled up by Amerks - Belleville Senators
- Miska Serves up 34-Save Shutout in Eagles 3-0 Win over Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Edge Iowa in Shootout - Manitoba Moose
- Oettinger's 45 Saves Fuel 4-1 Tex as Victory over Milwaukee - Texas Stars
- Wahlstrom, Helgeson score in road loss on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Fall in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Stun Sound Tigers with 5-2 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Alone in Third After Blanking 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ads Fire 46 Shots on Net But Fall to Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Complete Weekend Sweep of Senators - Rochester Americans
- Pack Manages a Goal, but Falls to Bears Again - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Iowa Falls to Manitoba 4-3 in the Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Guhle to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bears Sweep Back-To-Back Set in Hartford with 4-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Martel Nets Two in Pink in the Rink Defeat - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Down Marlies, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Claim Point But Fall to Comets in OT - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Comeback Yields Overtime Win in Charlotte - Utica Comets
- McIntyre Stymies Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Set for Saturday Showdown with Syracuse - Toronto Marlies
- McIntyre, Devils Haunt Phantoms, 5-1 - Binghamton Devils
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Huge Crowd for Condors Star Wars Night Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Stockton, Bakersfield Face off Saturday at Mechanics Bank Arena - Stockton Heat
- Justin Almeida Reassigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Americans, March 7 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Belleville Senators - Rochester Americans
- Game 56 Preview: Tucson at Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Down Gulls in OT Behind Sawchenko's 42 Saves - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Edges Gulls in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Rally for 3-2 Win over Condors - Stockton Heat
- Rempal Scores, Reign Falls - Ontario Reign
- Currie with Two Goals in Condors Loss - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Steen Scores Twice as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-1
- Asselin's Hat Trick Propels P-Bruins to 4-2 Win over Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Return to the Win Column, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-2
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- P-Bruins Collect Third Consecutive Win in 5-2 Victory over Hartford Wolf Pack