Ads Fire 46 Shots on Net But Fall to Stars
Cedar Park, TX - The Admirals pumped 46 shots on goal on Saturday night against Texas, but Stars goalie Jake Oettinger stopped 45 of them, leading Texas to a 3-1 win over the Admirals Saturday at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
The win dropped Milwaukee's record on the current five-game road trip to 2-2-0-0. Milwaukee has a six-point lead over second place Iowa.
The Admirals outshot the Stars 46-31 in the game and 17-3 in the third period. Oettinger stopped all but one to earn his second win against the Admirals. In his two victories over the Ads, Oettinger has stopped 84 of 86 shots.
Texas scored a power play goal at 10:02 of the first period to take a 1-0 lead. Tanner Kero fed a pass from the left circle to Jason Robertson, who was set up one the right post. Robertson lifted the puck into the net for his 25th goal of the season.
Milwaukee tied the game. Daniel Carr, who missed the previous four games with injury, sent a pass from the left circle to the right. Matt Donovan flipped it back to the front of the net and Cole Schneider listed the puck into the net for his 17th goal of the season at 15:45 of the first frame. Donovan and Carr earned the assists.
Texas scored a pair in the second period to take a 3-1 lead to the intermission. Defenseman Reece Scarlett skated along the goal line from the right corner and backhanded the puck into the net at 6:21 to give the Stars a 2-1 edge. With 7.8 seconds remaining in the second frame, Josh Melnick's shot from the right circle went off the crossbar and into the goal for Texas' second power play marker of the night and a 3-1 Stars lead.
Joel L'Esperance added an empty-netter at 18:35 to seal the win for Texas.
The Admirals conclude the five-game road trip Sun., Mar. 8 at San Antonio. Milwaukee returns home to host San Antonio at UWM Panther Arena Wed., Mar. 11.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2020
- Sens Doubled up by Amerks - Belleville Senators
- Miska Serves up 34-Save Shutout in Eagles 3-0 Win over Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Edge Iowa in Shootout - Manitoba Moose
- Oettinger's 45 Saves Fuel 4-1 Tex as Victory over Milwaukee - Texas Stars
- Wahlstrom, Helgeson score in road loss on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Fall in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Stun Sound Tigers with 5-2 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Alone in Third After Blanking 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ads Fire 46 Shots on Net But Fall to Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Complete Weekend Sweep of Senators - Rochester Americans
- Pack Manages a Goal, but Falls to Bears Again - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Iowa Falls to Manitoba 4-3 in the Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Guhle to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Bears Sweep Back-To-Back Set in Hartford with 4-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Martel Nets Two in Pink in the Rink Defeat - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Down Marlies, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Claim Point But Fall to Comets in OT - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Comeback Yields Overtime Win in Charlotte - Utica Comets
- McIntyre Stymies Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Set for Saturday Showdown with Syracuse - Toronto Marlies
- McIntyre, Devils Haunt Phantoms, 5-1 - Binghamton Devils
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Huge Crowd for Condors Star Wars Night Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Stockton, Bakersfield Face off Saturday at Mechanics Bank Arena - Stockton Heat
- Justin Almeida Reassigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Americans, March 7 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Belleville Senators - Rochester Americans
- Game 56 Preview: Tucson at Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Down Gulls in OT Behind Sawchenko's 42 Saves - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Edges Gulls in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Rally for 3-2 Win over Condors - Stockton Heat
- Rempal Scores, Reign Falls - Ontario Reign
- Currie with Two Goals in Condors Loss - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.