Outhouse, Early Moose Advantage Enough to Hold off Grand Rapids
The Manitoba Moose (11-11-0-0) claimed the 4-2 victory against the Grand Rapids Griffins (9-11-1-1) on Friday night at Van Andel Arena.
With 5:10 gone in the first period, C.J. Suess opened the scoring for the Moose giving Manitoba the 1-0 advantage. The Moose outshot the Griffins with eight shots on net compared to their six.
Manitoba took over in the second period and went on to score three straight goals. The second goal of the game came 5:57 into the second as Jansen Harkins won the faceoff for the Moose and found Johnathan Kovacevic who sent a wristshot to the net and improved Manitoba's lead to 2-0. Midway through the period, the Moose notched another goal as Andrei Chibisov found the back of the net and gave Manitoba the 3-0 lead. Less than four minutes later, C.J. Suess scored his second of the night making the score 4-0 for the Moose. With 1:22 remaining in the second frame Chris Terry got the Griffins on the board with a power play goal making the score 4-1.
Dominic Turgeon scored the lone goal of the third period assisted by Chris Terry and Gustav Lindstrom. Despite the Griffins late comeback the Moose held on to the 4-2 victory. Griffen Outhouse, who appeared in his first AHL start, went on to collect his first AHL win stopping 26 of 28 shots.
Griffen Outhouse appeared in his first AHL start and went on to post his first AHL victory
Jansen Harkins is currently on a three-game point streak (1G, 4A)
Nelson Nogier is currently on a two-game assist streak (3A)
Seth Griffith is currently on a two-game point and assist streak (1G, 2A) What's Next?
The Moose play on Saturday against the Chicago Wolves. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on moosehockey.com/listenlive.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Barracuda Return Home, Edged by Condors 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Condors Rally Past San Jose, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Eagles Offense Roars in 5-2 Win over Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Hot Streak Cooled Friday by Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Rocket Leave Syracuse with a 4-2 Win - Laval Rocket
- Point Streak Reaches Nine Games in OT Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Is Overtime Hero in Heated Rivalry - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Outhouse, Early Moose Advantage Enough to Hold off Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Can't Corral IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Erase Five-Goal Deficit, Lose in Overtime, 6-5 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- St. Denis scores twice in Bridgeport's fourth straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Struggle Against Senators In 6-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Power to Victory in Binghamton - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Grounded by Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Can't Solve Sound Tigers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tyler Sikura Named Team Captain - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Host Fifth Annual Red Kettle Game Next Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Popular Hockey + Heels Event Set to Return on February 4 - Hershey Bears
- Fans Can "Get Fed" by the Chicago Wolves on Sunday - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Honorary Captain of the Game Program Returns for Second Straight Season - Rochester Americans
- Heat Take Hot Streak to Weekend with Colorado - Stockton Heat
- $10 Black Friday Tickets for Tonight's Game - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Sign D Matt Mangene to AHL Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, November 29, 2019 vs. Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Open 3-In-3 Weekend Tonight in Rochester - Toronto Marlies
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Devils, November 29 - Belleville Senators
- World-Famous Teddy Bear Toss to be Held in Hershey, PA this Sunday - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Conclude Busy Week vs. Sound Tigers & Rocket - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Look for Fourth Straight Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.