Heat Take Hot Streak to Weekend with Colorado
Friday, November 29, 2019
Arena: Budweiser Events Center | Loveland, Colorado
Date: Friday, November 29
Time: 6:05 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Listeners in the Stockton area can also hear the game on Fox Sports 1280 AM.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsCOL.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Adam Ruzicka with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
The Heat roll into the final stop of their season-long, five-game road trip with an unblemished mark since leaving Stockton Arena, having won the first three contests of the Pacific Division tour with wins over Bakersfield, San Diego and Ontario.
Stockton took the first two games of the season against the Colorado Eagles, sweeping the AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche on opening weekend back in early October - winning 5-2 on Oct. 4 and 4-2 on Oct. 5. This weekend's twin-bill will be the final games between the two clubs in Colorado this season.
The Heat bring a season-best, four-game win streak to Colorado for Friday's game against the Eagles, tied with Tucson for the fourth-longest active streak in the AHL behind Milwaukee's 11-game run, Toronto's six-game sprint and Rochester's five-game rally. Over the past four games, Stockton has outscored opponents 19-11.
FILLING THE NET
Stockton's offense has been firing on all cylinders, fresh off a season-high, eight-goal output in Wednesday's win over the Ontario Reign. The Heat boast the AHL's top attack, averaging 4.11 goals per contest, and are led by Matthew Phillips (19 points, 18 games) and Ryan Lomberg (18 points, 18 games) at the point-per-game threshold.
GAWDIN'S ROAD RUN
Glenn Gawdin comes into tonight's game tied with Tucson's Lane Pederson for longest active road point streaks in the AHL at eight games. Gawdin has tallied 10 points in Stockton's last eight road contests, a span that runs back to Oct. 18, including a first-period goal in Wednesday's game against Ontario. The eight-game run matches that of Phillips from Oct. 4 through Nov. 21 for the longest road point streak in the AHL this season.
RUZICKA POTS A PAIR
Adam Ruzicka recorded the best game of his young career with a pair of goals and an assist in Wednesday's win. The rookie forward now has two multi-point games to his credit this season and is 10th among active Heat players with eight points in 17 games played.
HOME AWAY FROM HOME
The Heat have been right at home at the Budweiser Events Center since the Eagles made the leap from the ECHL to the AHL, owning a 5-1 record in Loveland since the start of the 2018-19 season. Stockton took both meetings to start the season and has won the last three games between the clubs on the Eagles' home ice.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Barracuda Return Home, Edged by Condors 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Condors Rally Past San Jose, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Eagles Offense Roars in 5-2 Win over Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Hot Streak Cooled Friday by Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Rocket Leave Syracuse with a 4-2 Win - Laval Rocket
- Point Streak Reaches Nine Games in OT Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Is Overtime Hero in Heated Rivalry - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Outhouse, Early Moose Advantage Enough to Hold off Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Can't Corral IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Erase Five-Goal Deficit, Lose in Overtime, 6-5 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- St. Denis scores twice in Bridgeport's fourth straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Struggle Against Senators In 6-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Power to Victory in Binghamton - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Grounded by Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Can't Solve Sound Tigers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tyler Sikura Named Team Captain - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Host Fifth Annual Red Kettle Game Next Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Popular Hockey + Heels Event Set to Return on February 4 - Hershey Bears
- Fans Can "Get Fed" by the Chicago Wolves on Sunday - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Honorary Captain of the Game Program Returns for Second Straight Season - Rochester Americans
- Heat Take Hot Streak to Weekend with Colorado - Stockton Heat
- $10 Black Friday Tickets for Tonight's Game - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Sign D Matt Mangene to AHL Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, November 29, 2019 vs. Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Open 3-In-3 Weekend Tonight in Rochester - Toronto Marlies
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Devils, November 29 - Belleville Senators
- World-Famous Teddy Bear Toss to be Held in Hershey, PA this Sunday - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Conclude Busy Week vs. Sound Tigers & Rocket - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Look for Fourth Straight Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.