Rocket Leave Syracuse with a 4-2 Win
SYRACUSE - The Laval Rocket spoiled American Thanksgiving for the Syracuse Crunch with a 4-2 victory, snapping a two-game skid. Charlie Lindgren was solid in net and made 26 saves. It was the first meeting between the two division rivals this season. The Rocket improved to a 12-8-3 record in 23 games. Lukas Vejdemo and Karl Alzner earned two points each in the win.
Jake Evans recorded his sixth point (3 G, 3 A) in as many games. He defeated netminder Scott Wedgewood with a shot through the pads. Alzner and Antoine Waked were credited with helpers.
Netting the Rocket's second tally of the night, Riley Barber notched his fifth point (4 G, 1 A) in four games. After missing six games due to injury, the right-winger has found his scoring touch, totaling nine points in his last eight games. Barber completed a brilliant individual effort from Matthew Peca, who outmuscled his way past his defender and carved a path to Wedgewood before his teammate completed the play.
With a primary helper, Peca added to his point streak, tallying a sixth point (2 G, 4 A) in five consecutive games. Josh Brook, who earned a secondary assist on the goal, earned his third point in four games (1 G, 2 A). Alexandre Alain got on the scoresheet as well with helpers from Vejdemo and Alzner. The latter recorded his third point (3 A) in two games. The Rocket potted two goals on three shots in the middle frame.
The visitors improved to a 5-0-1-0 record when leading after two periods. Responsible for Syracuse's two goals, the Martel - Stephens - Barré-Boulet line was particularly dangerous against Laval, totaling six points. The Rocket's fifth-ranked penalty kill remained perfect on five occasions.
"We had guys giving the extra effort, blocking shots, getting their sticks involved in the play and getting pucks out. It's a tough team to play against and it's a tough barn to win in. We needed every guy [focusing on all the small details] to win here," said Lindgren after the game.
LAV: Evans (Alzner, Waked) | Barber (Peca, Brook) | Alain (Vejdemo, Alzner) | Vejdemo (EN)
SYR: Martel (Barré-Boulet, Stephens) | Stephens (Martel, Barré-Boulet)
Unités spéciales/Special teams
LAV | AN/PP: (0/2) | IN/PK: (5/5)
SYR | AN/PP: (0/5) | IN/PK: (2/2)
LAV: Lindgren (26/28) | SYR: Wedgewood (10/13) Spencer (2/2)
Trois étoiles/Three stars
1. Alain - LAV 2. Stephens - SYR 3. Lindgren - LAV
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Barracuda Return Home, Edged by Condors 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Condors Rally Past San Jose, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Eagles Offense Roars in 5-2 Win over Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Hot Streak Cooled Friday by Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Rocket Leave Syracuse with a 4-2 Win - Laval Rocket
- Point Streak Reaches Nine Games in OT Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Is Overtime Hero in Heated Rivalry - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Outhouse, Early Moose Advantage Enough to Hold off Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Can't Corral IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Erase Five-Goal Deficit, Lose in Overtime, 6-5 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- St. Denis scores twice in Bridgeport's fourth straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Struggle Against Senators In 6-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Power to Victory in Binghamton - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Grounded by Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Can't Solve Sound Tigers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tyler Sikura Named Team Captain - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Host Fifth Annual Red Kettle Game Next Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Popular Hockey + Heels Event Set to Return on February 4 - Hershey Bears
- Fans Can "Get Fed" by the Chicago Wolves on Sunday - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Honorary Captain of the Game Program Returns for Second Straight Season - Rochester Americans
- Heat Take Hot Streak to Weekend with Colorado - Stockton Heat
- $10 Black Friday Tickets for Tonight's Game - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Sign D Matt Mangene to AHL Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, November 29, 2019 vs. Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Open 3-In-3 Weekend Tonight in Rochester - Toronto Marlies
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Devils, November 29 - Belleville Senators
- World-Famous Teddy Bear Toss to be Held in Hershey, PA this Sunday - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Conclude Busy Week vs. Sound Tigers & Rocket - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Look for Fourth Straight Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- 32 Players to Attend the Laval Rocket Training Camp
- Canadiens Announce Affiliation with the New ECHL Trois-Rivieres Club
- Laval Rocket to Play Home Games at the Bell Centre for the 2020-21 Season
- Laval Rocket Organization Announces the Team Will Take Part in the 2020-21 AHL Season
- Canadiens and Alexandre Alain Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract