Niclas Almari Reassigned to Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that the Pittsburgh Penguins have reassigned defenseman Niclas Almari from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to their ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Almari scored the game-winning goal for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in its 2021-22 season opener on Oct. 16 vs. Lehigh Valley. It stands as the only goal he's scored this season to go along with one assist for two points in 11 games.
In 64 career AHL games, Almari has amassed nine points (2G-7A).
The Kirkkonummi, Finland native was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the fifth round (151st overall) of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. Before joining Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on a full-time basis in 2019-20, he captured Finland's top championship by winning the 2019 Liiga playoffs with HPK Hämeenlinna.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tonight, Friday, Jan. 21, against the Toronto Marlies. It's another EYEWITNESS NEWS FAN FRIDAY, with lower bowl tickets available for just $16.
Fans ages 21 and older can also enjoy select domestic draft beers for just $2 from 6-7:30pm.
Puck drop between the Penguins and Marlies is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual game tickets and season-ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now. Full-Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2022
- Skarek a Wall as Islanders Take 3-1 Win over Providence - Bridgeport Islanders
- Crunch Downed by Comets, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Rock 'N' Roll to the Tune of a 5-1 Win over Marlies - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ryan Bach Named President, Alternate Governor of Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Fail to Crack Code in 4-1 Loss to Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Providence Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Islanders, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Statement from Boko Imama - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comets Silence Crunch with 4-1 Victory - Utica Comets
- Kraken Assign Alexander True to Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Henderson Silver Knights & Vegas Knight Hawks Announce In-Arena Host Auditions - Henderson Silver Knights
- Sherwood, Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Comets Move Next Week's Providence Game to Tuesday Night - Utica Comets
- Jonsson-Fjallby Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Desrocher to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - Tucson Roadrunners
- Statement from the San Jose Barracuda and San Jose Sharks Organizations - San Jose Barracuda
- Dallas Stars Reassign Dellandrea, Gardner and Harley to Texas - Texas Stars
- Barracuda's Krystof Hrabik Suspended 30 Games for Use of Racial Gesture - AHL
- Allison and Cates to Flyers, Bunnaman Returns to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Series Preview vs. Stockton: January 21 & 22 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Iowa Wild to Host Pink in the Rink Night on February 11 - Iowa Wild
- 5 Things, Heat vs. Henderson - Stockton Heat
- Heat Host Henderson Friday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Hardman Recalled To Blackhawks, Yetman Returns, Gabriel Cleared And Barratt Goes On Protocol - Rockford IceHogs
- Grand Rapids Signs Veteran Justin Abdelkader to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 21 at Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Niclas Almari Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Recall Irvine, Loan Mcgrath to Thunder - Utica Comets
- Marlies Return to Action vs. Penguins - Toronto Marlies
- Islanders Face Bruins, T-Birds in "Three-In-Three" - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Welcome Stars for a "Cold One" Tonight on $2 Bud Light Friday - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.