Statement from the San Jose Barracuda and San Jose Sharks Organizations
On the morning of Jan. 13, the American Hockey League (AHL) alerted San Jose Barracuda management that Krystof Hrabik made a racial gesture towards Tucson Roadrunners forward Boko Imama during the teams' Jan. 12 game in San Jose.
Hrabik was immediately removed from all team activities pending an investigation by the AHL, with the full cooperation from the Barracuda organization.
Following its investigation, the AHL today announced that Hrabik has been suspended for 30 games with the potential to apply for early reinstatement on March 12, pending an evaluation of his progress in training provided by the NHL Player Inclusion Committee.
The Barracuda and San Jose Sharks organizations were appalled to learn of this incident. We offer our sincerest apologies to Boko, the Roadrunners organization, the AHL, our fans, and the entire hockey community.
While we support the ability for individuals to atone and learn from disrespectful incidents in this context, these actions are in direct opposition to the Barracuda and Sharks organizations' values.
In connection with the NHL's league-wide effort to foster an inclusive culture in hockey, the San Jose Sharks and San Jose Barracuda have partnered with the RESPECT Group to launch a series of trainings and workshops for personnel and players.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2022
- Skarek a Wall as Islanders Take 3-1 Win over Providence - Bridgeport Islanders
- Crunch Downed by Comets, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Rock 'N' Roll to the Tune of a 5-1 Win over Marlies - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ryan Bach Named President, Alternate Governor of Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Fail to Crack Code in 4-1 Loss to Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Providence Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Islanders, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Statement from Boko Imama - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comets Silence Crunch with 4-1 Victory - Utica Comets
- Kraken Assign Alexander True to Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Henderson Silver Knights & Vegas Knight Hawks Announce In-Arena Host Auditions - Henderson Silver Knights
- Sherwood, Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Comets Move Next Week's Providence Game to Tuesday Night - Utica Comets
- Jonsson-Fjallby Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Desrocher to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - Tucson Roadrunners
- Statement from the San Jose Barracuda and San Jose Sharks Organizations - San Jose Barracuda
- Dallas Stars Reassign Dellandrea, Gardner and Harley to Texas - Texas Stars
- Barracuda's Krystof Hrabik Suspended 30 Games for Use of Racial Gesture - AHL
- Allison and Cates to Flyers, Bunnaman Returns to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Series Preview vs. Stockton: January 21 & 22 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Iowa Wild to Host Pink in the Rink Night on February 11 - Iowa Wild
- 5 Things, Heat vs. Henderson - Stockton Heat
- Heat Host Henderson Friday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Hardman Recalled To Blackhawks, Yetman Returns, Gabriel Cleared And Barratt Goes On Protocol - Rockford IceHogs
- Grand Rapids Signs Veteran Justin Abdelkader to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 21 at Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Niclas Almari Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Recall Irvine, Loan Mcgrath to Thunder - Utica Comets
- Marlies Return to Action vs. Penguins - Toronto Marlies
- Islanders Face Bruins, T-Birds in "Three-In-Three" - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Welcome Stars for a "Cold One" Tonight on $2 Bud Light Friday - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff
- San Jose Barracuda Awarded 2024 American Hockey League All-Star Classic
- San Jose Barracuda Announce 2021-22 Team Award Winners
- Barracuda Finish Season with 5-2 Loss at Henderson
- Barracuda Sliced by Silver Knights, 6-4