Minnesota Wild Recalls Greg Pateryn, Nico Sturm from Iowa
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin announced today the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled defenseman Greg Pateryn and forward Nico Sturm from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Sturm, 24, has recorded 11 points (6g, 5a), including two power-play goals and two game-winning goals, in 23 games with Iowa this season. He has tallied four points (2g, 2a) in his last four games and leads team rookies in scoring. Sturm ranks T-1st amongst AHL rookies in game-winning goals, T-4th in shots on goal (50) and T-9th in goals. The 6-foot-3, 206-pound native of Augsburg, Germany, was signed as a free agent by Minnesota on April 1, 2019 and made his NHL debut on April 4 vs. Boston. He registered seven shots on goal in two games with the Wild last season. Sturm wears sweater No. 7 with Minnesota.
He led Clarkson University in scoring and assists with 45 points (14g, 31a) in 39 games and won 392-of-677 face-offs taken (57.9%) as a junior last season. The team co-captain also led the Golden Knights with a plus-23 rating, ranked T-2nd in goals, third in shots on goal (94), and tallied 12 multi-point games. Sturm ranked T-4th in assists, T-8th in scoring and T-11th in points per game (1.15) in the NCAA last season. He was named the ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Forward for the second consecutive season, a Top Ten Hobey Baker Award Finalist, a finalist for the ECAC Hockey Player of the Year Award, to the 2019 ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team and an ECAC First-Team All-League selection in 2018-19.
Pateryn, 29, was assigned to Iowa on a conditioning assignment Monday and skated in Iowa's 5-1 loss at San Antonio Wednesday. He underwent bilateral core muscle repair surgery on Oct. 1 and has not appeared in a game with Minnesota this season. He tallied seven points (1g, 6a) in a career-high 80 games last season with the Wild and ranked second on the team in hits (144) and third in blocked shots (118).
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Iowa Falls to Milwaukee 7-1 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Blank Defending Champs 4-0 for Second Straight Shutout Win - Rochester Americans
- Tangradi Scores, Helps Griffins Earn Point in Return - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Get Back on Winning Track - Milwaukee Admirals
- Four First-Period Goals Propel Crunch over Rocket in 5-2 Win - Laval Rocket
- Welinski Scores in First Half of Home-And Home with Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lorito, Jobst and Aho all record multiple points in a wild win on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Deflect Chicago Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Win Fifth Straight Game, Top Binghamton Devils, 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Fall to Stars, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penalty Kill Shines in Bears 2-1 Win over Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Fly Past Rocket, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Lose 6-2 To Bruins - Binghamton Devils
- Stars Emerge with 4-3 Win against Penguins - Texas Stars
- Sens Taken Down by Monsters - Belleville Senators
- Pack Ends Skid with 5-2 Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Post Game Notes: Stars 4 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- T-Birds' Strong Start Doesn't Hold up vs. Wolf Pack - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters' 6-2 Victory Snaps Senators Win Streak - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Drop Wild Game in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Second-Period Barrage Sinks Checkers in Rochester - Charlotte Checkers
- Eric Tangradi Returns to Griffins on One-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Brennan Menell from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Greg Pateryn, Nico Sturm from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Moose Release Forward Nathan Todd - Manitoba Moose
- Confidence Key for Brannstrom in Belleville Return - Belleville Senators
- Defenseman Rob O'Gara Traded to Springfield - San Antonio Rampage
- T-Birds Acquire D Rob O'Gara from San Antonio Rampage - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 6 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 6, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Recall Zadina - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Travel to Snowy Utica, Syracuse this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Davidsson Recalled from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Florida Panthers Recall F Aleksi Saarela from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.