T-Birds Acquire D Rob O'Gara from San Antonio Rampage
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced on Friday that they have acquired defenseman Rob O'Gara from the San Antonio Rampage in exchange for future considerations.
The Thunderbirds continue a six-game homestand on Friday and Saturday nights against the Hartford Wolf Pack and Laval Rocket respectively.
O'Gara, 26, is in his fourth pro season, having played previously with the Rampage, Hartford Wolf Pack, and Providnece Bruins. In 159 AHL games, he has posted 10 goals and 23 assists, 120 penalty minutes, and a +17 rating.
O'Gara has skated in 33 career NHL games with Boston and the New York Rangers, posting three assists.
A native of Nesconset, N.Y., O'Gara is originally a 5th round NHL Draft selection (151st overall) of the Bruins in 2011 out of Yale University, where he won a National Championship as a freshman in 2012-13.
Saturday is the 4th Annual Teddy Bear Pools & Spas Teddy Bear Toss game. Fans in attendance are encouraged to bring multiple new stuffed animals, which will be thrown on the ice when the Thunderbirds score their first goal of the evening. More information on Teddy Bear Toss night is available at www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
For more ticket information or to become a 2019-20 Springfield Thunderbirds ticket package member, or to purchase single game tickets, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Iowa Falls to Milwaukee 7-1 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Blank Defending Champs 4-0 for Second Straight Shutout Win - Rochester Americans
- Tangradi Scores, Helps Griffins Earn Point in Return - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Get Back on Winning Track - Milwaukee Admirals
- Four First-Period Goals Propel Crunch over Rocket in 5-2 Win - Laval Rocket
- Welinski Scores in First Half of Home-And Home with Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lorito, Jobst and Aho all record multiple points in a wild win on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Deflect Chicago Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Win Fifth Straight Game, Top Binghamton Devils, 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Fall to Stars, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penalty Kill Shines in Bears 2-1 Win over Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Fly Past Rocket, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Lose 6-2 To Bruins - Binghamton Devils
- Stars Emerge with 4-3 Win against Penguins - Texas Stars
- Sens Taken Down by Monsters - Belleville Senators
- Pack Ends Skid with 5-2 Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Post Game Notes: Stars 4 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- T-Birds' Strong Start Doesn't Hold up vs. Wolf Pack - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters' 6-2 Victory Snaps Senators Win Streak - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Drop Wild Game in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Second-Period Barrage Sinks Checkers in Rochester - Charlotte Checkers
- Eric Tangradi Returns to Griffins on One-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Brennan Menell from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Greg Pateryn, Nico Sturm from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Moose Release Forward Nathan Todd - Manitoba Moose
- Confidence Key for Brannstrom in Belleville Return - Belleville Senators
- Defenseman Rob O'Gara Traded to Springfield - San Antonio Rampage
- T-Birds Acquire D Rob O'Gara from San Antonio Rampage - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 6 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 6, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Recall Zadina - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Travel to Snowy Utica, Syracuse this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Davidsson Recalled from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Florida Panthers Recall F Aleksi Saarela from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Thunderbirds Foundation Donates $15,000 to the Rays of Hope
- Thunderbirds Honored by AHL for Ticket Sales Excellence
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 19-20 Season
- Springfield Thunderbirds Team up to Provide Meals to Local Hospitals
- Paul Thompson Named Springfield Thunderbirds 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year