Admirals Get Back on Winning Track
Milwaukee, WI - Maybe it was all of their dads in attendance for the team's second annual Dad's Trip. Maybe it was a reaction to their first loss in over a month earlier in the week. Maybe it was a combination of the two.
Whatever the motivation the Admirals looked sharp in a dominating 7-1 win over the Iowa Wild on Friday night at Panther Arena. Colin Blackwell dished out four assists in the game to pace the Admirals offense, while Eeli Tolvanen (2g-1a), Mathieu Olivier (1g-2a) and Jarred Tinordi (3a) all posted three-point nights for Milwaukee.
The Ads have now won 14 of their past 15 games and six in a row at Panther Arena.
Alex Carrier got the scoring going for the Admirals with a power-play tally just 2:58 into the first period. Blackwell set Carrier up for one-timer from just inside the blueline and he let fly a bomb that made it through traffic and past Iowa goalie Mat Robson for his fourth goal of the season.
Tolvanen would push the Ads lead to two when he finished a pretty passing play with just over 11 minutes to play in the opening frame. Colin Blackwell sent a pass from the far boards to Freddy Allard in the slot, and Allard one-touched a pass to a streaking Tolvanen, who had a wide open net for his first of the night.
The second period would prove to be the most fruitful for Milwaukee as they scored four times, including 19 seconds into the frame courtesy of a shorthanded goal by Laurent Dauphin.
Tanner Jeannot and Olivier followed Dauphin's tally with goals just 27 seconds apart to make it 5-1 and Tolvanen deflected a shot from Tinordi with nine minutes left in the second and it was a five-goal lead for the Admirals.
Cole Schneider finished the scoring for Milwaukee with a power-play tally at 8:28 of the third period, his seventh goal of the season.
Connor Ingram picked up the win in net for Milwaukee, his eighth straight victory, stopping 27 of the 28 shots he saw.
The Admirals get right back at it tomorrow night as they travel to the Rockford for the first time this season to take on the IceHogs at 6 pm. Milwaukee's next home game will Friday, December 13th against the Chicago Wolves at 7 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Iowa Falls to Milwaukee 7-1 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Blank Defending Champs 4-0 for Second Straight Shutout Win - Rochester Americans
- Tangradi Scores, Helps Griffins Earn Point in Return - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Get Back on Winning Track - Milwaukee Admirals
- Four First-Period Goals Propel Crunch over Rocket in 5-2 Win - Laval Rocket
- Welinski Scores in First Half of Home-And Home with Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lorito, Jobst and Aho all record multiple points in a wild win on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Deflect Chicago Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Win Fifth Straight Game, Top Binghamton Devils, 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Fall to Stars, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penalty Kill Shines in Bears 2-1 Win over Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Fly Past Rocket, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Lose 6-2 To Bruins - Binghamton Devils
- Stars Emerge with 4-3 Win against Penguins - Texas Stars
- Sens Taken Down by Monsters - Belleville Senators
- Pack Ends Skid with 5-2 Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Post Game Notes: Stars 4 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- T-Birds' Strong Start Doesn't Hold up vs. Wolf Pack - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters' 6-2 Victory Snaps Senators Win Streak - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Drop Wild Game in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Second-Period Barrage Sinks Checkers in Rochester - Charlotte Checkers
- Eric Tangradi Returns to Griffins on One-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Brennan Menell from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Greg Pateryn, Nico Sturm from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Moose Release Forward Nathan Todd - Manitoba Moose
- Confidence Key for Brannstrom in Belleville Return - Belleville Senators
- Defenseman Rob O'Gara Traded to Springfield - San Antonio Rampage
- T-Birds Acquire D Rob O'Gara from San Antonio Rampage - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 6 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 6, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Recall Zadina - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Travel to Snowy Utica, Syracuse this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Davidsson Recalled from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Florida Panthers Recall F Aleksi Saarela from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.