Minnesota Wild Reassigns Donato, Greenway, Kunin to Iowa
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton announced today the NHL club has reassigned forwards Ryan Donato, Jordan Greenway and Luke Kunin to the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Donato, 23 (4/9/96), notched 16 points (4g, 12a) including six multi-point games and 64 shots on goal in 22 contests with Minnesota after being acquired from the Boston Bruins in exchange for forward Charlie Coyle on Feb. 20, 2019. The 6-foot, 181-pound native of Boston, Mass., led NHL rookies in scoring from Feb. 21 and ranked T-2nd in shots per game (2.5) and seventh in shots on goal (139) amongst rookies this season. Donato also recorded nine points (6g, 3a) in 34 games with the Boston Bruins and 12 points (7g, 5a) in 18 games with the Providence Bruins. He owns 34 points (15g, 19a) in 68 career NHL games with Boston and Minnesota and 12 points (7g, 5a) in 18 career AHL contests.
Kunin, 21 (12/4/97), tallied 17 points (6g, 11a) and 27 penalty minutes (PIM) in 49 games with Minnesota this season. The 6-foot, 195-pound native of Chesterfield, Mo., also collected 16 points (9g, 7a) in 25 games with Iowa. He owns 21 points (8g, 13a) in 68 career NHL games with Minnesota and 43 points (24g, 19a) in 73 career AHL games with Iowa.
Greenway, 22 (2/16/97), recorded 24 points (12g, 12a) and 29 PIM in 81 games with Minnesota this season. The 6-foot-6, 227-pound native of Canton, N.Y., ranked T-7th in games played and T-11th in goals scored by NHL rookies. His goal total ranked fourth and point total ranked sixth in franchise history by a rookie. He owns 25 points (12g, 13a) in 87 career NHL games with the Wild. Greenway also collected four points (3g, 1a) in two games with Iowa this season, including recording the Wild's first hat trick of the season on Oct. 27 vs. Colorado.
Iowa battles with the Grand Rapids Griffins Wednesday night in the team's final road game of the season. Puck drop is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. CT.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Ends at 8 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bunnaman Scores Overtime Winner at Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in OT - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Possibilities - Chicago Wolves
- Forward Travis Barron Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? April 9, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs to Host Local Filmmakers of Oscar-Nominated Documentary "Minding the Gap" - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Sign Goaltender Artyom Zagidulin - Stockton Heat
- Cleveland Monsters and Columbus Blue Jackets Make Local 12-Year-Old Boy's Wish Come True - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Conclude Playoff Push this Weekend at Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Conclude Regular Season with Three Games in Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Gruden Released from ATO to Complete Academic Year - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Justin Baudry on One-Year AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Week of April 8 - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Goaltender Jon Gillies, Schneider Recalled to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Weekly: Penguins Have Final Slate of Regular Season Games this Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Donato, Greenway, Kunin to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Garland to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Recall Jon Gillies from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Birks, Siebenaler, Lacroix & Hirano Join Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Adam Clendening from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Moose Sign Kamerin Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Devils Sign Goaltender Logan Thompson to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.