Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Adam Clendening from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Tuesday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, recalled defenseman Adam Clendening from Cleveland. A 6'0", 196 lb., right-handed native of Niagara Falls, NY, Clendening, 26, was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (36th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. In four appearances for Columbus this season, Clendening posted a +1 rating. In 90 career NHL appearances for Columbus, Chicago, the Vancouver Canucks, Pittsburgh Penguins, Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers and Arizona Coyotes spanning parts of four seasons from 2014-18, Clendening supplied 4-20-24 with 42 penalty minutes and a +11 rating.
In 44 appearances for Cleveland this season, Clendening supplied 4-32-36 with a team-high 98 penalty minutes and a +17 rating. In 305 career AHL appearances for the Rockford IceHogs, Utica Comets, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Tucson Roadrunners and the Monsters spanning parts of six seasons from 2012-19, Clendening contributed 32-165-197 with 365 penalty minutes and a +48 rating. Clendening competed in the 2012-13 AHL All-Star Game and was named to the 2013-14 AHL First All-Star Team and the 2012-13 AHL Second All-Star Team.
Prior to his professional career, Clendening notched 9-50-59 with 144 penalty minutes and a +19 rating in 77 NCAA appearances for Boston University spanning two seasons from 2010-12 and added 4-13-17 with 44 penalty minutes and a +16 rating in 26 USHL appearances for USA Hockey's National Team Development Program during the 2009-10 season. Clendening additionally competed for Team USA at the 2012 IIHF U20 World Junior Championships.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Thursday home clash vs. the Charlotte Checkers with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Ends at 8 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bunnaman Scores Overtime Winner at Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in OT - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Possibilities - Chicago Wolves
- Forward Travis Barron Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? April 9, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs to Host Local Filmmakers of Oscar-Nominated Documentary "Minding the Gap" - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Sign Goaltender Artyom Zagidulin - Stockton Heat
- Cleveland Monsters and Columbus Blue Jackets Make Local 12-Year-Old Boy's Wish Come True - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Conclude Playoff Push this Weekend at Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Conclude Regular Season with Three Games in Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Gruden Released from ATO to Complete Academic Year - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Justin Baudry on One-Year AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Week of April 8 - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Goaltender Jon Gillies, Schneider Recalled to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Weekly: Penguins Have Final Slate of Regular Season Games this Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Donato, Greenway, Kunin to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Garland to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Recall Jon Gillies from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Birks, Siebenaler, Lacroix & Hirano Join Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Adam Clendening from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Moose Sign Kamerin Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Devils Sign Goaltender Logan Thompson to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract