Weekly: Penguins Have Final Slate of Regular Season Games this Weekend
Friday, Apr. 5 - PENGUINS 4 vs. Binghamton 0
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton shut-out Binghamton in its first visit to Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza in almost a year. The Penguins scored in each period, and John Muse denied 33 shots for his second shutout of the season.
Saturday, Apr. 6 - PENGUINS 2 at Lehigh Valley 4
The Penguins out-shot the Phantoms 35-23, including a 15-6 margin in the third period, but Lehigh Valley used two shorthanded goals to sneak away with the win. ATO rookie Brandon Hawkins scored for the second straight game.
Sunday, Apr. 7 - PENGUINS 6 at Lehigh Valley 10
In a rematch from the night before, the Penguins and Phantoms engaged in an old-school tilt with big hits and tons of scoring. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton closed a five-goal gap down to two in the third period before the Phantoms pulled away. Jake Lucchini and Sam Miletic both registered three points.
The Week Ahead
Friday, Apr. 12 - PENGUINS at Utica
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton heads to Utica for the first and only time this season. The Penguins are an even 2-2-1-1 at the Adirondack Bank Center since 2013.
Saturday, Apr. 13 - PENGUINS vs. Bridgeport
The Penguins host McDonald's Fan Appreciation Night when they face the Sound Tigers. Bridgeport holds the second seed in the Atlantic, but has lost four times to the Pens this season.
Sunday, Apr. 14 - PENGUINS vs. Binghamton
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Binghamton meet for both clubs' final game of the 2018-19 season. The Penguins are 9-0-0-0 all-time against the Devils. The Devils currently reside last in the North and have only won four of their last 21 games.
- At least one member of the Penguins' top line (Sam Miletic, Sam Lafferty, Ryan Haggerty) has factored in on 17 of the team's last 26 goals.
- Sam Lafferty has 14 points (4G-10A) in his last nine games.
- Ryan Haggerty has 12 points (7G-5A) in his last nine games.
- Lafferty leads the Penguins with 12 multi-point performances this season.
- Brandon Hawkins scored in both of his first two AHL games, becoming the first Penguins rookie to do so since Daniel Sprong.
- Six of the nine games between the Penguins and Devils have been decided by one goal and five have gone to OT.
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Fri, Apr. 12 Utica Adirondack Bank Center 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Apr. 13 Bridgeport Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Apr. 14 Binghamton Mohegan Sun Arena 3:05 p.m.
Tue, Apr. 9 (D) Blake Siebenaler Reassigned by PIT from WHL
Tue, Apr. 9 (D) Dane Birks Reassigned by PIT from WHL
Tue, Apr. 9 (RW) Yushiroh Hirano Recalled from WHL
Tue, Apr. 9 (LW) Cédric Lacroix Recalled from WHL
Tue, Apr. 9 (G) Tristan Jarry Recalled by PIT
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Ends at 8 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bunnaman Scores Overtime Winner at Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in OT - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Possibilities - Chicago Wolves
- Forward Travis Barron Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? April 9, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs to Host Local Filmmakers of Oscar-Nominated Documentary "Minding the Gap" - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Sign Goaltender Artyom Zagidulin - Stockton Heat
- Cleveland Monsters and Columbus Blue Jackets Make Local 12-Year-Old Boy's Wish Come True - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Conclude Playoff Push this Weekend at Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Conclude Regular Season with Three Games in Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Gruden Released from ATO to Complete Academic Year - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Justin Baudry on One-Year AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Week of April 8 - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Goaltender Jon Gillies, Schneider Recalled to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Weekly: Penguins Have Final Slate of Regular Season Games this Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Donato, Greenway, Kunin to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Garland to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Recall Jon Gillies from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Birks, Siebenaler, Lacroix & Hirano Join Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Adam Clendening from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Moose Sign Kamerin Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Devils Sign Goaltender Logan Thompson to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Shane Starrett
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton