Phantoms Power Play
Phantoms In The Community:
Alex Lyon was named the Lehigh Valley Phantoms IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year for his outstanding contributions to the Lehigh Valley community. Taking part in school visits, holiday shopping, Pride Night, the blood drive, sled hockey practice and more, Alex continually takes time out of his day to give back to the community that has treated him so well over the past three seasons.
"The Lehigh Valley takes such good care of us as players," Lyon said. "It's hard for us to acknowledge that and reciprocate that back, so for us to be able to do that is a really great feeling."
Phantoms On The Ice:
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 1, Charlotte Checkers 5
The five-game road trip continued in Charlotte on Tuesday against the first-place Checkers. Nic Aube-Kubel scored the lone goal for the Phantoms as they fell 5-1.
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 2, Charlotte Checkers 6
In the final matchup with the Checkers of the season, Connor Bunnaman and David Kase found the back of the net for Lehigh Valley as Charlotte closed out the season series with a 6-2 victory and swept the Phantoms in four games in Charlotte this season.
Saturday, April 6, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 4, WBS Penguins 2
Lehigh Valley returned home and bounced back with a 4-2 victory over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins inside a sold out PPL Center. Cole Bardreau scored two shorthanded goals for Lehigh Valley, and Tyrell Goulbourne and Byron Froese also found the back of the net. Froese extended his point streak to a career-high seven games.
Sunday, April 7, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 10, WBS Penguins 6
The Phantoms closed the weekend with a franchise record 10-goal performance in an incredible 10-6 game in the final meeting against the rival Penguins. Two goals each from Chris Conner and Carsen Twarynski led the way and Greg Carey, Colin McDonald, Corban Knight, Nic Aube-Kubel, Connor Bunnaman and David Kase also lit the lamp for the Lehigh Valley. The 16 goals is also the highest combined scoring game in Phantoms history.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
vs. Hershey Bears - Giant Center
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will make their final trip to Chocolatetown to face the Hershey Bears tonight at 7:00. The Phantoms are 5-5-1 against the Bears this season. Greg Carey has led the way against Hershey with nine points in 11 games and him and Connor Bunnaman have each scored four times in the series.
Friday, April 12, 2019
vs. Providence Bruins - Dunkin Donuts Center
Lehigh Valley will play their final road game of the season on Friday against the Providence Bruins. The Phantoms are 2-3 against Providence this year and the Bruins currently hold the fourth and final spot for the Calder Cup Playoffs.
Saturday, April 13, 2019
vs. Hartford Wolf Pack - PPL Center
The Phantoms will finish the regular season inside PPL Center for the 2018-19 season finale. Lehigh Valley will take on the Hartford Wolf Pack and will expect a big game from captain Colin McDonald. McDonald has put up seven points in five games against his hometown team. Fans will get the chance to win some awesome prizes as we celebrate Fan Appreciation Night to thank you for your support all season!
3 Stars of the Week:
Scrappy forward, Cole Bardreau became just the second Phantom ever to score two shorthanded goals in a game on April 6. Bardreau's four shorthanded goals this season tie him with Scott Laughton for the most in a season by a Lehigh Valley player.
Saving the Day
On Friday night, goaltender Alex Lyon passed Anthony Stolarz for the most saves in Lehigh Valley history. He has a record of 12-2-1 in games where he faces 40 shots or more this season.
Defenseman Mark Friedman made his NHL debut for the Philadelphia Flyers on April 6 against the Carolina Hurricanes. Friedman became the fifth LV Phantoms player to make his NHL debut this season after Mikhail Vorobyev, Nic Aube-Kubel, Carter Hart, and Philippe Myers.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2018-19 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join the Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2018-19 season are available online at pplcenter.com, by calling 610-347-TIXX  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
Images from this story
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Ends at 8 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bunnaman Scores Overtime Winner at Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in OT - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Possibilities - Chicago Wolves
- Forward Travis Barron Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? April 9, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs to Host Local Filmmakers of Oscar-Nominated Documentary "Minding the Gap" - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Sign Goaltender Artyom Zagidulin - Stockton Heat
- Cleveland Monsters and Columbus Blue Jackets Make Local 12-Year-Old Boy's Wish Come True - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Conclude Playoff Push this Weekend at Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Conclude Regular Season with Three Games in Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Gruden Released from ATO to Complete Academic Year - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Justin Baudry on One-Year AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Week of April 8 - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flames Recall Goaltender Jon Gillies, Schneider Recalled to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Weekly: Penguins Have Final Slate of Regular Season Games this Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Donato, Greenway, Kunin to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Coyotes Assign Garland to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Recall Jon Gillies from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Birks, Siebenaler, Lacroix & Hirano Join Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Adam Clendening from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Moose Sign Kamerin Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Devils Sign Goaltender Logan Thompson to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts