Isotopes Fall 2-1 to River Cats for Second-Straight Night
In almost identical fashion, the Isotopes (61-74) fell 2-1 to the Sacramento River Cats (54-81) for the second-straight night on Wednesday at Raley Field. The contest was also the fourth in a row for Albuquerque decided by one run.
Jordan Patterson accounted for the Isotopes lone scoring with a home run in the second inning. The long ball was the right fielder's 26th of the year, matching his career-high from last season.
Patterson finished the evening 2-for-3 with a hit-by-pitch. The 26-year-old from Alabama has compiled 21 hit-by-pitches in 2018, one away from tying Mike Kinkade's single-season Isotopes record from 2006.
David Holmberg was charged with the loss despite recording his third-straight quality start for the Isotopes. The lefty pitched 6.2 innings while yielding two runs, five hits and no walks. Holmberg retired 13 consecutive batters after allowing a single in the first inning.
Sacramento ended Holmberg's shutout bid in the sixth inning, tying the score at 1-1. Chris Shaw hit a go-ahead homer in the seventh to give the River Cats the lead for good.
The Isotopes close out their three-game set in Sacramento on Thursday night with Jeff Hoffman scheduled to toe the rubber. First pitch from Raley Field is slated for 8:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Sky Sox Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Walk off Sounds in 10 Innings - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Walk off on Sounds in Extras - Nashville Sounds
- Centeno Leads Express to 9-3 Win over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- 'Birds Drop Series Finale to Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Return Friday for Final Home Series as Division Champions Playoffs Begin Wednesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Leave Iowa with 4-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Groundskeeper Nick Rozdilski Receives Presidential Commendation - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Misses Opportunity in Loss to Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- The Howard Hughes Corporation to Install 4Topps Superior Comfort Seating at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony August 31 - Reno Aces
- Ballpark Digest Names Doug Scopel as Minor League Baseball Executive of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (81-54) at Round Rock Express (62-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds' Hudson Awarded Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Hudson Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Memphis Redbirds
- Express' Al Sandoval Named Strength Coach of the Year - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies set PCL strikeout record in 6-3 loss to Chihuahuas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Record 80th Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Offense Reemerges But Rainiers Fall to 51s, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Thaiss Walks-Off in the 10th, Bees Win 4-3 - Salt Lake Bees
- Shaw's 24th long ball lifts River Cats over 'Topes - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Fall in Extra Innings Despite Clarke's Gem - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fall 2-1 to River Cats for Second-Straight Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Drop Duo of Heartbreakers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Allow Trio of Homers in 8-4 Loss to Redbirds - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.