Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Colorado Springs Sky Sox final regular season homestand of the 2018 season begins tomorrow, Friday, August 31, when the team hosts their division rival Oklahoma City Dodgers for five games at Security Service Field, including a doubleheader scheduled for Saturday.
The current first-place Sky Sox will begin the series with a bang as they are set to host the largest back-to-back fireworks shows in the franchise's 31-year history on Friday and Saturday (Sept. 1). The team announced makeup fireworks dates in lieu of the weather-postponed July 4 Independence Day Fireworks show. The end-of-season blowout on August 31 presented by Thrivent Financial will be twice the size of a regular Friday Night Fireworks show while September 1 Sky Fest - Jurassic Park theme presented by Connect for Health Colorado will feature a nearly 20-minute long fireworks extravaganza. The Friday night schedule also includes a limited-edition Snoopy Bobblehead Giveaway (Copyright 2018 Peanuts World Wide LLC) and Faith Night presented by Thrivent Financial at the ballpark.
In addition to the season's largest fireworks show, Saturday also features 12-foot dinosaurs and interactive, educational activities for families. The scheduled doubleheader will begin at 4:00 p.m. with gates opening at 3:30 p.m. Game two of the night will begin approximately 30 minutes following the conclusion of game one.
On Sunday, September 2, the second-to-last regular season home game will feature one of the more unique promotions of the year - a diamond giveaway, courtesy of McNulty Jewelers. Fans can also enjoy the ever-popular 50-cent hot dogs presented by Safeway available at all concessions throughout the game. All YMCA Kids Club members will be invited to run the bases following the game. The game will begin at 5:00 p.m. with gates opening at 4:00 p.m.
The final regular season game of the season on Monday, September 3 will feature a game-worn jersey raffle presented by Security Service Federal Credit Union. The jerseys of all nine Sky Sox starters and manager Rick Sweet will be raffled off throughout the game. Following the game, the Sky Sox will close out the current era of Professional baseball in Colorado Springs and celebrate the future, beginning in 2019, by inviting fans to stay and enjoy a petting zoo, campfires on the field, a movie on the video board, rocky mountain oysters, live music, and more.
Tickets for all event dates are on sale now at www.skysox.com/tickets.
Details of each game date are below.
For more information on promotions and ticket options, please call (719) 591-7699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Get the latest Sky Sox news online at www.skysox.com, like us on Facebook or follow the team on Twitter at @skysox.
Friday, August 31 vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - 6:40 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Limited-edition Snoopy Bobblehead Giveaway (Copyright 2018 Peanuts World Wide LLC)
- Faith Night presented by Thrivent Financial
- Extended Post-Game Friday Night Fireworks
Saturday, September 1 vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - Doubleheader - Game 1 @ 4 p.m., Game 2 is 30 Minutes After
- Gates open at 3:30 p.m.
- Doubleheader Contest (Game one starts at 4:00 p.m.)
- Sky Fest: Jurassic Park Night
Sunday, September 2 vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - 5:00 p.m.
- Gates open at 4:00 p.m.
- Diamond giveaway courtesy of McNulty Jewelers
- 50-cent Hot Dogs presented by Safeway
- YMCA Kids Run the Bases
Monday, September 3 vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - 1:00 p.m.
- Gates open at 12:00 p.m.
- Game-worn jersey raffle presented by Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Post-Game On-Field Team Celebration with Fans
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Sky Sox Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Walk off Sounds in 10 Innings - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Walk off on Sounds in Extras - Nashville Sounds
- Centeno Leads Express to 9-3 Win over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- 'Birds Drop Series Finale to Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Return Friday for Final Home Series as Division Champions Playoffs Begin Wednesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Leave Iowa with 4-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Groundskeeper Nick Rozdilski Receives Presidential Commendation - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Misses Opportunity in Loss to Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- The Howard Hughes Corporation to Install 4Topps Superior Comfort Seating at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony August 31 - Reno Aces
- Ballpark Digest Names Doug Scopel as Minor League Baseball Executive of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (81-54) at Round Rock Express (62-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds' Hudson Awarded Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Hudson Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Memphis Redbirds
- Express' Al Sandoval Named Strength Coach of the Year - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies set PCL strikeout record in 6-3 loss to Chihuahuas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Record 80th Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Offense Reemerges But Rainiers Fall to 51s, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Thaiss Walks-Off in the 10th, Bees Win 4-3 - Salt Lake Bees
- Shaw's 24th long ball lifts River Cats over 'Topes - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Fall in Extra Innings Despite Clarke's Gem - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fall 2-1 to River Cats for Second-Straight Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Drop Duo of Heartbreakers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Allow Trio of Homers in 8-4 Loss to Redbirds - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Springs Sky Sox Stories
- Dodgers Force Sky Sox to Monday Division Decision
- Sky Sox Saturday Night Games Postponed Due to Heavy Rain
- Sky Sox One Win Shy of Clinching American North Division
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow
- Sky Sox Catcher Christian Bethancourt Named to All-PCL Team