Express' Al Sandoval Named Strength Coach of the Year
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Round Rock Express Strength and Conditioning Coach Al Sandoval has been named the 2018 Pacific Coast League Strength Coach of the Year by the Professional Baseball Strength and Conditioning Coaches Society. The honor marks the third such award in Sandoval's career.
Prior to joining the Express before the start of the 2018 season, Sandoval served as the Strength and Conditioning Coach for the High-A Down East Wood Ducks in 2017. The Colorado native joined the Rangers organization in December 2016 following five seasons in the Los Angeles Angels organization. He was the team's Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator from 2014-2016.
Sandoval originally joined the Angels organization in 2012, first serving as the Double-A Arkansas Travelers Strength and Conditioning Coach in 2012 and 2013. Prior to that, he was the Strength Coach for the Double-A Tulsa Drillers in the Colorado Rockies organization from 2009-2011, where he captured Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year honors in 2010 and 2012. He began his career in professional baseball with the Rookie-Level Casper Ghosts in 2009.
The 37-year-old is a graduate of Colorado State University-Pueblo and was a three-year varsity letter winner on the school's baseball team. He and his wife Kristine reside in Centennial, Colorado with their children Carter and Landon.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Sky Sox Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Walk off Sounds in 10 Innings - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Walk off on Sounds in Extras - Nashville Sounds
- Centeno Leads Express to 9-3 Win over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- 'Birds Drop Series Finale to Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Return Friday for Final Home Series as Division Champions Playoffs Begin Wednesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Leave Iowa with 4-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Groundskeeper Nick Rozdilski Receives Presidential Commendation - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Misses Opportunity in Loss to Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- The Howard Hughes Corporation to Install 4Topps Superior Comfort Seating at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony August 31 - Reno Aces
- Ballpark Digest Names Doug Scopel as Minor League Baseball Executive of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (81-54) at Round Rock Express (62-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds' Hudson Awarded Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Hudson Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Memphis Redbirds
- Express' Al Sandoval Named Strength Coach of the Year - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies set PCL strikeout record in 6-3 loss to Chihuahuas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Record 80th Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Offense Reemerges But Rainiers Fall to 51s, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Thaiss Walks-Off in the 10th, Bees Win 4-3 - Salt Lake Bees
- Shaw's 24th long ball lifts River Cats over 'Topes - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Fall in Extra Innings Despite Clarke's Gem - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fall 2-1 to River Cats for Second-Straight Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Drop Duo of Heartbreakers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Allow Trio of Homers in 8-4 Loss to Redbirds - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Dodgers' Eighth-Inning Rally Derails E-Train on Sunday Night
- Two Home Runs Help Dodgers to 4-2 Win over Express
- OF David Dahl Joins Express on Major League Rehab Assignment
- Curtis Terry Hits for the Cycle as Express Fall to Dodgers 8-7
- Big Inning Dooms Round Rock in 6-2 Loss to Oklahoma City