Iowa Misses Opportunity in Loss to Oklahoma City
DES MOINES, IA - The Iowa Cubs (50-86) dropped a 4-2 game to the Oklahoma City Dodgers (71-64), Thursday at Principal Park. Iowa came away with a 3-1 series victory.
Iowa captured the first lead in the second as a Jason Vosler double led to a run with the help of a ground out and Jacob Hannemann fielder's choice. The lead only lasted through three as the Dodgers battled back in the fourth with a three-spot, boosted by an Andrew Toles homer.
The I-Cubs were dormant until the seventh, collecting just two hits in innings three through six. Taylor Davis led off the seventh with a single and sped home on a stand-up triple by Hannemann to cut the I-Cubs' deficit to two. A Stephen Bruno hit by pitch and Mark Zagunis walk loaded the bases for Iowa with no outs, but three-straight strikeouts left the bases juiced. Iowa never caught up as Oklahoma City avoided the sweep.
Jen-Ho Tseng logged a quality start with three runs allowed over 6.0 innings. He didn't walk a batter for the third-straight start. Tseng was the unlucky losers as the righty fell to 2-15. Casey Coleman, fresh off the disabled list, contributed 2.0 scoreless frames.
Rehabbing Kris Bryant manned left field for the first three frames, going 0-for-2 with two strikeouts.
Iowa enters its last series of 2018, beginning a four-game set with Round Rock tomorrow at 7:08 for Firework Friday. The I-Cubs will don pink jerseys in support of breast cancer awareness. The jerseys will be auctioned off during the game with proceeds to support Susan G. Komen. For more information or tickets, visit www.iowacub.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Sky Sox Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Walk off Sounds in 10 Innings - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Walk off on Sounds in Extras - Nashville Sounds
- Centeno Leads Express to 9-3 Win over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- 'Birds Drop Series Finale to Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Return Friday for Final Home Series as Division Champions Playoffs Begin Wednesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Leave Iowa with 4-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Groundskeeper Nick Rozdilski Receives Presidential Commendation - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Misses Opportunity in Loss to Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- The Howard Hughes Corporation to Install 4Topps Superior Comfort Seating at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony August 31 - Reno Aces
- Ballpark Digest Names Doug Scopel as Minor League Baseball Executive of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (81-54) at Round Rock Express (62-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds' Hudson Awarded Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Hudson Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Memphis Redbirds
- Express' Al Sandoval Named Strength Coach of the Year - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies set PCL strikeout record in 6-3 loss to Chihuahuas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Record 80th Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Offense Reemerges But Rainiers Fall to 51s, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Thaiss Walks-Off in the 10th, Bees Win 4-3 - Salt Lake Bees
- Shaw's 24th long ball lifts River Cats over 'Topes - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Fall in Extra Innings Despite Clarke's Gem - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fall 2-1 to River Cats for Second-Straight Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Drop Duo of Heartbreakers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Allow Trio of Homers in 8-4 Loss to Redbirds - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.