Chihuahuas Record 80th Win
The El Paso Chihuahuas reached 80 wins in a season for the first time after beating the Fresno Grizzlies 6-3 Wednesday night at Chukchansi Park. Colin Rea pitched five shutout innings for El Paso, allowing only one hit. Rowan Wick picked up his ninth save of the year to surpass Robert Stock for the 2018 team lead.
Shane Peterson went 2-for-4 with a three-run home run in the sixth inning, extending his hitting streak to nine games. Peterson has 17 hits during the nine games. Carlos Asuaje went 2-for-3 with a walk in his first game back since being optioned by San Diego.
Fresno struck out 12 El Paso batters Wednesday and to reach 1,281 this year, setting the Pacific Coast League single-season record. With Wednesday's win, the Chihuahuas now have a 45-23 road record.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-grizzlies/2018/08/29/542712#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=542712
Team Records: El Paso (80-54), Fresno (78-56)
Next Game: Thursday, 8:05 pm at Chukchansi Park. El Paso RHP Luis Perdomo (6-2, 3.52) vs. Fresno RHP Brady Rodgers (2-3, 6.62). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
El Paso 6 Fresno 3 - Wednesday
WP: Rea (3-2)
LP: Dykxhoorn (5-3)
S: Wick (9)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Sky Sox Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Walk off Sounds in 10 Innings - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Walk off on Sounds in Extras - Nashville Sounds
- Centeno Leads Express to 9-3 Win over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- 'Birds Drop Series Finale to Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Return Friday for Final Home Series as Division Champions Playoffs Begin Wednesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Leave Iowa with 4-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Groundskeeper Nick Rozdilski Receives Presidential Commendation - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Misses Opportunity in Loss to Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- The Howard Hughes Corporation to Install 4Topps Superior Comfort Seating at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony August 31 - Reno Aces
- Ballpark Digest Names Doug Scopel as Minor League Baseball Executive of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (81-54) at Round Rock Express (62-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds' Hudson Awarded Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Hudson Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Memphis Redbirds
- Express' Al Sandoval Named Strength Coach of the Year - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies set PCL strikeout record in 6-3 loss to Chihuahuas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Record 80th Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Offense Reemerges But Rainiers Fall to 51s, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Thaiss Walks-Off in the 10th, Bees Win 4-3 - Salt Lake Bees
- Shaw's 24th long ball lifts River Cats over 'Topes - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Fall in Extra Innings Despite Clarke's Gem - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fall 2-1 to River Cats for Second-Straight Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Drop Duo of Heartbreakers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Allow Trio of Homers in 8-4 Loss to Redbirds - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Major League Baseball Delays Start of 2021 Triple-A Season
- Southwest University Park to Hold Virtual Job Fair for 2021 Gameday and Event Staff
- Chihuahuas Announce 2021 Season Schedule
- Chihuahuas Officially Extend Padres Affiliation
- Chihuahuas Recipient of Baseball America's Triple-A Freitas Award