Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67)
Game #136: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67)
Pitching Matchup: RHP James Naile (7-10, 4.64) vs. RHP Sandy Alcantara (6-3, 3.76)
First Pitch: 7:00 CST
Radio: ALT 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Winding Down: The Sounds wrap up their road schedule tonight as the 2018 season winds down to a close. On the season, Nashville is 31-38 away from First Tennessee Park. Nashville is batting .271 on the road compared to .248 at home but the pitching staff has boasted a 2.83 ERA at First Tennessee Park compared to a 5.13 mark on the road.
Hits Only: Last night was just the third time this season the Sounds have lost a game in which the pitching staff did not walk any batters. The Sounds are 12-3 when they don't walk a batter in a game. However, the Sounds have lost the last two game in which they have not issued any free passes. They were shutout 2-0 in Round Rock on August 21 and 2-0 last night in New Orleans. Nashville has walked 358 batters this season - fewest in the Pacific Coast League.
Work Horses: The Sounds are one of two teams in the Pacific Coast League with two pitchers who have compiled 130.0 or more innings pitched. Tonight's starter James Naile has logged 130.0 innings while Eric Jokisch has accumulated 141.2. Nashville shares that distinction with Reno. Jake Buchanan (152.2) and Taylor Clarke (147.0) have done so for the Aces.
Boog Finding His Groove: After a career-long 0-for-22 skid at the plate last week, Boog Powell has now hit safely in six straight games. During the modest streak Powell is batting .273 (6-for-22) with 4 runs, 2 RBI, and 1 double.
What's the word around Nashville?
Ballpark Digest (@ballparkdigest)
From the years at Greer Stadium to today at First Tennessee Park, Nashville Sounds vice president of operations Doug Scopel has been a mainstay with the club. The success of the Sounds and the ballpark makes Scopel the 2018 Ballpark Digest Executive of...: https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/08/30/2018-ballpark-digest-executive-of-the-year-doug-scopel/
Oakland Athletics (@Athletics)
Congratulations to @nashvillesounds' Vice President Doug Scopel for being named Minor League Baseball Executive of the Year by Ballpark Digest!
Brent Dougherty (@brentdougherty)
This is so awesome. I[m so happy for my friend, Doug Scopel. He's the best.
Doug Scopel (@DougScopel)
Wow, what an incredible honor to receive from @ballparkdigest! Truly humbled. I feel that I share this award with so many great people who have been (and continue to be) a part of my success with @nashvillesounds over the years.
Oakland Athletics (@Athletics)
#Athletics Roster Moves: * RHP Frankie Montas recalled from AAA Nashville. * RHP J.B. Wendelken recalled from AAA Nashville. * RHP Ryan Dull optioned to AAA Nashville. * OF Nick Martini optioned to AAA Nashville. Details: https://bit.ly/2ovyywZ
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Sky Sox Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Walk off Sounds in 10 Innings - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Baby Cakes Walk off on Sounds in Extras - Nashville Sounds
- Centeno Leads Express to 9-3 Win over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- 'Birds Drop Series Finale to Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Return Friday for Final Home Series as Division Champions Playoffs Begin Wednesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-65) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Leave Iowa with 4-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Groundskeeper Nick Rozdilski Receives Presidential Commendation - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Misses Opportunity in Loss to Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- The Howard Hughes Corporation to Install 4Topps Superior Comfort Seating at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony August 31 - Reno Aces
- Ballpark Digest Names Doug Scopel as Minor League Baseball Executive of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (81-54) at Round Rock Express (62-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds' Hudson Awarded Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Hudson Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Memphis Redbirds
- Express' Al Sandoval Named Strength Coach of the Year - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies set PCL strikeout record in 6-3 loss to Chihuahuas - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Record 80th Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Offense Reemerges But Rainiers Fall to 51s, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Thaiss Walks-Off in the 10th, Bees Win 4-3 - Salt Lake Bees
- Shaw's 24th long ball lifts River Cats over 'Topes - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Fall in Extra Innings Despite Clarke's Gem - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fall 2-1 to River Cats for Second-Straight Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Drop Duo of Heartbreakers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Allow Trio of Homers in 8-4 Loss to Redbirds - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park
- 2020 Nashville Sounds and Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled
- Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Sounds Introduce "Safe and Sounds at Home" Campaign
- March 17 and March 24 Vanderbilt Baseball Games Cancelled at First Horizon Park